Epilogue

Batgirl overlooked from the top of Intensive Treatment building looking over the GCPD escorting some of the inmates back to their cells. It had been a long night. And now she was looking forward to a good sleep.

"You have done well, Batgirl. The wicked of Arkham Asylum has been punished for their devious sins. Gotham can rest well on this night."

Batgirl twirled herself around and threw a batarang only for the intruder to catch the batarang with ease, surprising the Dark Dame with her reflexes. Not many people can sneak up on her.

"At ease, child. I am not here as an adversary." The intruder reassured the heroine.

Batgirl took a closer look at her. She was at the same height as she was, wearing a medieval Knight Templar armor cloaked with red robe. The Blades flanked on both gauntlets. It appeared that she wasn't gonna attack her, at least. "Who are you and what do you want?"

"We have lived by many names for centuries. But you will simply know me as Ariel: Devoted servant from the Order of St. Dumas." Ariel introduced herself.

Batgirl sighed. Just what she needed to top the night off, a secret society. "Right. Why are you here?"

"I am here to deliver a message." Ariel told her. "The Day of Reckoning is coming, Batgirl. The prophecy will be realized. You are the one that will reign as the Victor on this day. In doing so, the events that shall occur on All Hallow's Eve will not be prevented. From the ruins of Arkham, The Demon shall appear and attempt to burn Gotham to ash while the Jester will have its final laughter."

Batgirl wasn't sure of what to make of the eerily warning. "I'm not a big believer in prophecies."

"Regardless of your belief, I have completed my task. We will meet again."

Ariel stabbed the ground with a sword and it created a smoke that temporarily blinded the Dark dame. When the smoke was cleared, Ariel was gone leaving a strange symbol behind.

Just another day in Gotham.