5

Birds flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by, you know how I feel

The bus pulled into motion. You looked around with Peter as the bus began to pull out of the school parking lot. Peter grabbed your hand pulling it up to his lips. He placed a gentle kiss on it. Causing you to scoff before you placed your head on his shoulder.

Just outside the window the landscape slowly shifted along with its passing motion. The sidewalks melded together. The grass waved and sank with the breeze replicating an ocean.

You watched the landscape so peacefully move so. As though the universe was so content with itself.

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, yeah

The bus stopped every so often. But it kept with its constant motion. You listened to this song. It was a song wrapped in tragedy. Yet it was a song blanketed in an unseen happiness.

When the sun sets and new dawn blooms.

It radiated through your entire body as though a newness had reached you.

You closed your eyes with the comfort of sleep easing your mind. As troubled as your mind felt before. It felt a whole lot more peaceful knowing that Peter's next to you.

"You think you can enter my dimension without paying your fee magician?"

Your gaze shifted around. It came to your realization that you were standing in the same black void from today.

"Who are you?"

"A being as old as the first slumber. A being who knows you are the greatest threat to not only your world. But every world!" The creature snarled as the blackness began to shift around you.

"If you're going to threaten me whoever the hell you are. At least be brave enough to show your face!" You yelled out towards the darkness. It was answered by a deep cackling echoing and booming through the universe.

The darkness shifted about before it began to materialize into a figure. The blackness bubbled and popped into a slender figure.

On top of this slender a whiteness materialized. It swirled out and seeped out into half a face. This face was hideous and slender. It's jawline was sharp enough to cut, it's chin pointed out, it's brow line curved into a sharp shape. It's "hair" waved with a white tail. That trailed off of this hideous face. It's eyes opened being a black circle that pierced your soul deep.

A sense of fear filled you, making you take a step back. Instincts kicked in before you summoned two eldrotch shields.

"Who are you? Or what are you?" You ordered stumbling at the end of your question.

"I am all you fear and wish for. I am your wants and needs. I am your greatest lament and dream. I am.."

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life for me, ooh
And I'm feeling good

Your eyes shot open in surprise. A sudden surge of mystical energy sent a shockwave outward. Although your magic was bound tightly enough so that you couldn't use your full magical might. This was still enough to draw your attention to the doughnut shaped alien craft hovering over Greenwich.

It had been a long time since you seen action. Since the entire incident during homecoming. Which seemed so long ago at this point.

Your eyes were drawn to Peter who had already prepared himself to jump into action.