➤ 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

our story begins with a little boy on the couch watching tv on a saturday morning. he was watching his favorite cartoons, eating his cereal happily when he heard the click of the front door unlocking.

his sweet mother walking through the door carrying a few grocery bags in her hand.

"dusty? can you help me please?" she asked. the little boy nodded and walked up to the begs that she had set on the table before walking out the door to go help with the rest. he made it to the car and grabbed three bags full of groceries. he was about to close the trunk when he saw a small head duck down in the backseat.

his body froze in place as he started worrying about what he just saw. "mom? what is that?" he asked, very much terrified. his mom came up behind him with her usual soft smile. she walked around the car to the backseat door and opened it.

out came a short girl wearing a white dress with sunflowers sprinkled over the dress. she was looking at her feet, not daring to look at the boy who was standing before her. she felt the warm hands of her savior on her shoulders and took a deep breath.

"hi.. it's nice to m-meet you. my name is y/n." she stuttered.

"uh.. i'm dustin." he said, a bit confused.

"y/n is going to be staying with us for a while, okay? so make sure you be nice with her."

。。。

"a while" turned out to be for many many years. it took a while for dustin to get used to a new person in his life. he wasn't normalized to there being three people at the dinner table, or three toothbrushes by the sink. but with time, he began getting used to the kind and energetic person he lived with.

he began referring her to others as his sister instead of "the stranger who lived in his house."  he became more comfortable with her and they became close. a few years later it was revealed to him that his mysterious sister has superpowers. strong ones at that. he didn't question her, even though thousands of thoughts ran through his head. 

although he was the only one who knew of her powers, he wanted to tell his friends. but they would have never believed him. 

as he was busy with school, you were busy with something else. 

steve harrington.

he was the classic bad boy that you couldn't seem to shake off your mind. you knew that he wasn't the best person to like. he played girls with no remorse and no regrets. breaking hearts left and right. so why were you so infatuated with him? why were you drawn to him. 

you didn't know. 

most of the time you would walk past him when he tried to talk to you. ignoring the compliments and the smiles he gave you. even though they made your heart flutter. part of you wanted to give in and accept that he wanted you, however you were too stubborn for that.

either way, you didn't realize how infatuated he was with you. the way you talked. the way you walked. the way you acted. you were almost always on his mind. the only girl that wouldn't go out with him.

he wanted you.

but... 

there was a distraction.

nancy wheeler.