-, 2 , 𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 ,

Steve Harrington.

You had met him in high school. While he was making out with Nancy. You were suffocating Dustin in a hug when you saw them being disturbing.

There was something weird about Steve. He seemed different when you compared to any of the other guys you knew.

When you guys met each other again when you were saving the world with El.

"Steve Harrington. You?"

"Y/N Henderson."

You saw him a lot more when you were with Dustin. He made you laugh and be happy, even if he was being awkward.

"So uh, what school do you go to?"

"Hawkins."

You became fond of Steve. He once saved you from a demogorgan.

Even though you could've easily killed it.

"You know you didn't have to do that?"

"Well, I wanted to be heroic if I was going to die, so why not save a pretty girl like you."

"Dumbass."

"Cutie."

"Stupid idio-"

"STOP HITTING ON MY SISTER STEVE BEFORE I FEED YOU TO THE DEMOGORGANS."

You have that relationship with Steve where you base your friendship on playful flirting. You tease each other. A lot. And pick on each other.

You were there after he was getting over Nancy. He ranted to you about it, making you mad at Nancy.

Now, Nancy was a total different topic.

She's pretty. She's nice. She's a total badass. Got good grades. She has everything.

It wasn't a total surprise to Dustin when you spoke ill of her. He immediately identified it as jealousy.

Plus, she still had Steve wrapped around her finger.

He was still in love with her.

He would talk about her a lot.

It got on your nerves.

Not that you didn't like Nancy, right? You were just jealous of her.

No biggie.

Or....

Maybe you didn't like her

You weren't sure.

All you knew was that you liked Steve.

As a friend.

...

Right?

﹌﹌﹌

"Guys, we're here." You said as you parked the car in front of the huge mall.

"Let's GOOOOO." Lucas and Dustin opened the door and started running towards the building when you grabbed them by their collars.

"No. We're getting ice cream first."

Their frowns were replaced with smiles as you waited for El and Max to get out of the car.

As soon as they got out, they all ran in front of you into the mall.

You sighed as teenagers will be teenagers and you started to jog with them.

When you entered the mall, cool, fresh air hit your faces as you slowly adapted to the air conditioning.

"Alright guys, go to the ice cream place wherever that is please." You told them.

Max raised her eyebrow at you with El looking suspiciously towards you.

They knew you knew where it was because you had brought them there.

It wouldn't be long until they found out why you wanted ice cream so bad.

"Uuhhh alright, Steve works at this one place so we could go there?" Dustin said

"Alright lead the way." You answered, mouthing "I'll tell you later" to El and Max.

After a few minutes of walking you finally reach it.

Scoops Ahoy!

"Henderson!" You looked up to see Steve.

In his uniform.

With his perfect hair.

An pretty eyes.

"Steve!"

They were doing their little handshake when he finally saw you.

"Hey Y/N."

"Are you just going to keep doing that with my brother and not serve me my ice cream? Chop chop, pretty boy."

Steve laughed and walked behind the counter as Dustin, Lucas and Max cringed.

El just stared.

"Sure, cutie."