TWELVE

"talking widly out of context
i wish things were different"

-

THE KISS WAS everything i had wanted for as long as i could remember. it wasn't quick or needy. it was slow, passionate, and full of emotion. full of emotion that said 'i'm falling hard for you'.

a part of me knew it was wrong. she had just broken up with her girlfriend that day, and here we were, making out when i was supposed to be comforting her.

but the other part of me didn't want to stop. i wanted to keep kissing her until we were both breathless in each other's arms. until we almost passed out from the lack of air.

i never wanted this moment to end.

we pulled away after a few moments, though. it didn't last long enough. it was so short that i left me craving for more. if nancy was a drug, then i was definitely addicted.

we both moved away quickly, looking at each other with a 'what the fuck just happened' look. we were both breathless, breathing heavily at nancy's makeup vanity. neither of us said a word, letting awkward silence consume the air as we stared at each other.

"i'm- uh- i'm gonna go to bed," nancy announced awkwardly, and for once i wasn't the one struggling to find words.

"yeah, me too. should i...um...sleep on the floor?" i replied, possibly even more awkward than she was.

"no... no you can sleep up here"

nancy flicked the lights off and laid down first, me following soon after. i made sure to stay away as much as possible, not wanting to accidentally touch her.

there was already too much tension. i knew she could feel it- hell, people across the whole world could probably feel it.

nancy fell asleep first, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

did i just kiss nancy fucking wheeler?

-

"how was the sleepover?" steve asked the next day at work, noticing my rare silence.

"um..."

"was it really that bad?" he laughed, recieving a death glare from me. he immediately stopped laughing, his face dropping into a serious look. "holy shit, was it actually that bad?"

"we kissed," i said, trying to get the moment over it. knowing steve, i expected him to flip out over it. and i was right.

"you kissed?!" he exclaimed, immediately causing me to cringe. he looked around the store, double checking nobody was in it. "robin!"

"i know! i know!"

"give me all the details right now," he told me, sounding like a teenage girl wanting to know drama.

"well we started out by talking but then she wanted to do my makeup so she did. and it looked good, but then she noticed i had a bit of lipstick smeared. so she brushed it off with her thumb, but her face was so close to mine. and then she leaned in. and, god, the kiss was so good. but now it's super awkward because, duh, we kissed. she went to bed immediately after and i eventually fell asleep, but my god, it was so awkward. we both just like- stared at each other. i mean i was supposed to be there to fucking comfort her, not make out with her," i rambled, breathless by the end of it. not nearly as breathless as i was last night though.

"jeez, there's a lot to unpack here. but hey, at least she kissed you right? that means something!"

"steve, this isn't exactly helping. it's not a good thing"

"sure it is! your crush kissed you!"

"shut up," i joked in attempt to lighten the mood.

"robin, i love you. but sometimes you're oblivious to hints. she clearly likes you, and you're like head over heels for her. so talk, kiss, and like...fuck or something"

"steve!"'i exclaimed, his words catching me off guard. "never say that. like, ever again"

"it's not anything you haven't done before," he told me, nudging me. i instantly regretted ever telling him anything that had happened with nancy in the past.

"okay, first of all...shut up," i rolled my eyes. "second of all, it's not that easy! i mean, nancy and i have said like 3 sentences in total since it happened. one of her saying she was going to bed, once of me asking if i should sleep on the floor, and the last one was her saying i could sleep on the bed with her. she was already gone when i woke up"

"well, i mean...at least like....she let you sleep on the bed with her? i dunno, i've got nothing," he sighed, running a hand through his infamous hair. "you should talk to her. like, deep conversation kind of talk"

i knew he was right. talking was our only option. we couldn't pretend like it didn't happen.

i had to talk to her.

-

a/n: short chapter yes but it's a filler so ughhh