THIRTEEN

"but i'll never know"

-

THE FIRST THING i did after work was go to nancy's place. i could feel the sweat drenching my palms due to my nerves, and i could feel every step that i took. my heart was pounding as my feet touched nancy's front porch.

i figured she never wanted to talk to me again after last night's "incident". however, all thoughts like those washed away when nancy swung the door open, a smile forming on her face at the sight of me.

"hi," she said, clearly suprised to see me.

i gave her a small smile. "hi, can we talk?"

i could see a rush of panic was over her, and she tried conceal it by stepping out of the doorway, allowing me room to come inside. i stepped in, peering down the hallway.  her dad was in the living room, watching television as he always did. her mom was no where to be seen.

"we can go up to my room- if you would like to, that is," she said, rushing the second part in to make sure i wasn't uncomfortable in any way.

that's what i always loved about nancy. she always made sure that anyone had their own choice; a choice that made them completely comfortable.

"yeah, that would be good," i said, already starting up the stairs to her room. she followed behind me, entering the bedroom.

i sat on her bed, my heart racing. she sat across from me, our knees only a few inches from touching. i nervously looked at her, neither of us saying anything.

"so...." she started, and i could detect a bit of nervousness in her voice too.

"i figured we should talk about last night...,y'know with the whole like- kiss thing?"

"i'm really sorry," she said, instantly worrying me. what is she sorry for?

was i just a rebound to her? her and barb break up and she kisses me to make her feel better? did she use me?

"i didn't mean it like that," she said after i had been thinking for a few seconds.

"it's fine," i sighed. "i just thought about how odd it was for us to kiss when you and barb had just broken up"

i could see nancy slightly tense up at the mention of barb's name, but she quickly shook it off.

"it wasn't odd," she told me. "look....you're the reason barb and i broke up"

"i am? how? i-i didn't mean to do anything...i didn't even do anything"

"no, not technically," she said, taking a breath before continuing. "i broke up with her. not the other way around"

"you did? but why....i thought you loved her?"

"jeez robin, i thought you were smart," nancy joked, playfully rolling her eyes to make sure i caught on to the fact that she was joking.

i laughed a bit, the sound coming out a bit more awkward than i would have liked. "yeah, i did too...anyways um...what were you saying?"

"robin," she said softly, and, god, i missed her saying my name like that. "i broke up with her...for you"

"for me?" i asked, my mouth hanging wide open.

there was no way this was real. i had to be dreaming. if i was dreaming, this dream is really fucking cruel.

"yes, for you," nancy said, her eyes searching mine for some sort of reaction. "look....when we broke up i was so torn up. she was the only person that i could trust to open up to. we started dating not too long after. but i always thought about you; every kiss, every hug, every anything. when i told her that, she understood. she told me i hadn't fully healed yet. but...i don't think it was anything about healing. i love you- i have alwayd loved you. and i realized that you were the only person truly meant for me. you are my one true love, robin. nobody could ever take that away"

i sat there, completely flabbergasted. i couldn't even form a reply. i just sat there in silence, staring at nancy. she didn't seem as nervous now- she had told me everything she needed to stay.

and that's when she leaned in and kissed me again. it was soft and gentle, but also confident. everything in that moment just felt so right. the kiss, the words- felt so familiar. i could feel myself melting away from reality the deeper the kiss got.

eventually she pulled away for air, her eyes still closed and our foreheads pressed against one another's. i could stay like that forever- lost in a pure state of bliss and happiness.

she opened her eyes again, and they met mine. i gave her a small smile before kissing her again. her arms wrapped around my waist, and my hands went into her hair.

"i love you," i said when i pulled away to catch my breath once again. "i always have. i never stopped. and i'm so sorry for doing that to you. please forgive me"

"hm," she smiled, a devilish twinkle in her eye. "i'll forgive you, but you have to make it up to me first"

her eyes flicked down to my lips just as they had done the night before. i caught on to what she was hinting to and pressed my lips to hers again.

except this time, it wasn't as soft and gentle as before. it was more needy, more loving. i moved myself onto her lap in attempt to close the gap more. she kissed me harder, moving her hands to my shoulders and pushing both of us back onto the bed.

i had nancy wheeler back as my girlfriend. if i had died that day, i would've died as thr happiest girl alive.

she's my everything. i would risk anything for her. i love her. and now, after a long, painful month and a half, my girl was finally back in my arms.

END.

-

a/n: not gonna lie to y'all, i originally planned another chapter after this. however, i felt this was a beautiful ending. ronance 4 ever <3

i hope y'all enjoyed reading this book. i'll begin writing my other ronance story (falling for you) again now, so go begin reading that (more updates to come !). love y'all, thank you for all the love and support on this book.