Chapter 8.2: The Court and Order

[Log 622: This is a task I both am excited to undertake, and equally hesitant about. The court of Black Diamond is hardly known outside his drone servants, and what little wider Gemkind possesses is...strange, to say the least, all I know for sure is that he has more specialists than normal soldiers. However, Yellow Diamond had called upon me, her most loyal Hessonite, to assist his forces in an operation called a "siege". While I'm not entirely sure what that word entails, but there hasn't been a single point in my long and pristine history where I ever backed down from a conflict. With sword and Prism in tow, I now approach the planet, another ball of endless plains and forests, like so many others I've seen. End recording.]

Placing a small rectangular box on the armrest of her chair, the Hessonite gazed down at the world she was slowly drawing closer to. As the ship did so, a massive pyramid structure, the ground for miles was scorched and large craters peppered the area. The ship had landed near a large spire, bearing Black Diamond's logo via a banner hanging over the doorway. The orange Gem stepped out, inspecting the area before another group emerged from the spire. First, a pair of Topaz guardians, both wielding large hammers. Next came a short, pale skinned Gem, followed up by four Sapphires walking in perfect unison, and behind them came four standard Otons, who seemed to be their personal guards.

Hessonite: Four Sapphires on a single mission? This siege thing must be a problem indeed! But who's this one?

???: Welcome, Hessonite. You arrived just as we predicted.

Hessonite: Oh? You're a Sapphire as well?

The Gem's face was covered by a dark veil, which she momentarily pulled aside to reveal a small gemstone placed where a Sapphire's eye would normally be.

Blk Sapphire: Correct, I am known as a Black Sapphire, but before I continue, we should discuss the matter at hand, follow us please.

The Gems entered the spire. It was like many Gem constructs she had seen before: large murals of the five Diamonds were carved into the stone, statues of Quartz warriors were placed near these as well, but Black's personal touches were clearly present. Along with the gem ones, there was a single effigy of an Oton in the middle of the chamber, larger than the rest and it was atop a small rock, raising its claw in a triumphant pose, as much as an Oton can pose at least. Beneath this statue was a metal plate that read: "The Conqueror".

Hessonite: Quite interesting....

Blk Sapphire: That one was added yesterday, doesn't it represent the might of our Diamond?

Hessonite: Yes but, not that I'm complaining but the same feeling could be expressed by a statue of himself, couldn't it?

Blk Sapphire: Perhaps, but our Diamond has his own interpretation of such things I suppose. This way now.

They made their way to the top via a spiraling ramp, until they reached the command center. In the room was a typical screen, desk, chair, and a holographic projector was present just behind the chair.

Blk Sapphire: Now then, for over a year now we have been claiming this planet for the Authority, but it appears the local inhabitants are quite stubborn, more than most we've faced.

Pressing a triangular button on the keypad, the currently displayed map of the world zoomed into the eastern edge until it showed a live feed of what appeared to be an Oton, who was facing a massive fortress, constructed of stone and metal. The defenders atop rained down on the attackers with their bows and arrows, while occasionally they simply dropped large stones on any Gem or Oton who got too close. They also had their own system of artillery, as they had several cannons atop their walls, blowing large holes in whatever soldiers they hit. As for the defenders, they were avian in appearance, having the body structure of an average Gem, some wore leather and hide while the foremost defenders wore light, iron plates on their chests and heads.