Chapter 13.2: I'd Rather Be...

ST-2006 moved down the dark hall until reaching a small door. Upon opening, he could only see the back of a short figure, whose hair reached the floor.

???: Yes?

Neither the Oton or the door made a sound, and there was no noticable way the person could know someone was nearby.

ST: I have had some, questions. If that is allowed.

???: Of course, ask away.

There was little to no emotion in this voice.

ST: The population above ground has started building closer to our base entrance, should we take actions against an invasion?

???: That won't be necessary, they don't have the technology to reach it, and any activity on the plateau would be easier to spot. We've been quiet for so long now.

ST: I understand, it's just that our surveillance teams found a child attempting to climb the mountain last night.

???: ...I see, then perhaps it's time for response after all. I'll have to think about it however, give me a while to consider.

ST: Understood, Black Diamond. Additionally, the Pearl had returned just after me.

Black: Good, let her in.

He could now hear a pair of feet approach him. Pearl held in her right hand a thin blade, and in the left was a dark and transparent bubble.

Blk Pearl: You'll never believe what I found today, my Diamond! This world if full of such interesting things!

The bubble popped onto a short desk, releasing several small items. Some were smooth stones, others were tiny fruit, and one item in particular looked like a reflective piece of glass. He picked up this last item and held it up to his face.

After...everything had went down on Homeworld, Black had decided to alter his appearance as well. He now appeared younger in the face, no longer sporting facial hair, he wore very simplistic clothing as apposed to his standard uniform.

Black: How lovely, who knew something like a mirror could be made by simple nature?

Blk Pearl: It's just full of surprises, isn't it? To be on another planet and just...explore, rather than try and conquer it. It's something unlike anything I've ever experienced.

Black: That's good. I've been considering our current relationship with the local population, and it could be that the time has come to make ourselves more well acquainted with, what do you think?

Blk Pearl: Hmm, I did see those people coming awfully close to our little home, but what exactly will we do after making ourselves known?

Black: For three years now we've been studying this specific gathering, they appear to be a peaceful group, all we must do is not cause fear or give them reason to be hostile I believe, and we could potentially be on good terms.

Blk Pearl: Good terms? With an organic race? My Diamond, is this a good path to take then, you know the Authority and their laws.

Black laughed at this remark.

Black: They've yet to send anyone out here looking for us, do you really think they'll even notice?

Blk Pearl: As a matter of fact, no, no they wouldn't. Now the question is, how do we properly introduce ourselves in a proper manner?

Black: Oh, I think I have a method...

----

The little boy rolled helplessly down the hill once again, landing into a berry bush. He picked himself up with some effort, winded and sore from this new, failed attempted to reach the strange place. He couldn't tell what or why, but he could 'feel' that there was something special about that spot in particular. But as of now, that'll have to remain a mystery for a little while longer.