Chapter 25: A Saviour

(This'll be a short chapter.)

"Log date, 3 1 2. This is Peridot, performing a search and rescue mission for ST-4967. It has been 46 days since he was sent to Earth for the progress report on Black Diamond's Cluster Project. He has yet to respond to any messages, but I pinpointed his location around a small chunk of land in the middle of the ocean."

The ship was rather...unique. Normally, the current Gem ships where modeled after hands,

 Normally, the current Gem ships where modeled after hands,

But this one was modeled after the foot of a Limb Enhancer.

This ship landed on an island with multiple crystal clusters and geodes.

"Now on the island's surface, there seems to be no sign of intelligent life anywhere-"

(Slap Trap)"Hello!"

The green Gem spun around and nearly fired a plasma ball at the Scouting Eye. He was in much worse shape now. His brain casing was heavily cracked, his eye was flickering on and off, his wiring was sticking out from multiple areas, and it was apparent that he was missing both legs.

(Slap Trap)"Hey, P-dot! I got your message!"

(Peridot)"What happened to you...and what's that big machine you're in?"

(Slap Trap)"Gems happened, and I made this mech suit out of stuff I found in the garbage! Pretty cool, huh?"

(Peridot)"...Why am I not surprised? Did you at least complete the task you were sent here for?"

(Slap Trap)"Yep, got the scabbard right here!"

He showed her the black sheath tide to his back.

(Peridot)"And the Cluster?"

(Slap Trap)"Got that too, there was just a bunch of Gems keeping me from leaving!"

(Peridot)"Alright, just get in the ship and repair yourself."

(Slap Trap)"Kay!"

Still in the mech, he stomped through the door, much to Peridot's annoyance.

(Peridot)"You're tracking in sand and mud!"