Chapter 9.2: The Oton who Sings

(Homeworld)

Alpha, one of Pink's three Otons, was currently in the "ballroom" area of the Diamonds' palace, engaged in conversation with a group of Peridots.

Alpha: And she recommended placing some colored lights, just at each corner of this chamber, we think it'll make future celebrations more exciting.

Peridot: Very well then, we'll see to it immediately, along with the, "music box" renovation previously suggested..

Alpha: Good-good, I'll be off then!

As he left the Gems to their work, the pink Oton ran into Beta and Gamma just outside the room.

Alpha: Hm? What are you two doing here, does Pink require assistance?

Gamma: Didn't you get the notification? The Creator has constructed something entirely new on the planet Vulcan!

Alpha: But, doesn't he ALWAYS create something new?

Beta: You don't understand, this isn't a new weapon or anything like that, this is something completely unheard of in Gem society. It's very secret right now however, and only Otons and those in his court are allowed to participate.

Alpha: Really? One moment, checking inbox.....

[1 New message.]

[TO ALL INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF BLACK DIAMOND: If you currently have no active missions, I humbly ask that you make the journey to the planet Vulcan, where the experimental "Lounge" is now operational and awaiting testing. This information may not be shared with any other court not under my jurisdiction. You can find this location directly beside the largest base on Vulcan, a purple building with various symbols. I hope you're able to accept this invitation.

-Black Diamond]

Alpha: Oh, so that's what I got earlier. I wonder what this Lounge place is? But, what if Pink asks us for something and we aren't there? She might...

The Oton looked around the area for anyone nearby, before lowering his voice.

Alpha: She might get suspicious of us. The moon incident was far too close!

Gamma: Pink has been rather busy for a while now, stuck up in her room making something herself.

Alpha: What's that?

Gamma: Last I checked, I believe it has to do with cloth, and possibly little rocks...but my point is that she'll never even notice we're gone.

Beta: A Warp pad has been installed on Vulcan anyway, so we can pop in for a moment and come right back before you know it! What do you say?

Alpha: Mm....ok, but we shouldn't be TOO long. She may not be suspicious, but I believe others are catching on...

Beta: Hah, stop worrying about it so much, it'll be a fine.

As they went off to find out what awaited them, two small figures were watching from a distance without them realizing. The first one was an Aquamarine, whose gem rested on her left shoulder. The second was a Ruby, with her gemstone in place of her nose, and she wore a concerned expression on her light red face. They were both from Blue's Court, but what are they doing here you may wonder.

Aquamarine: Did you hear that? What could this "Lounge" possibly be?

Ruby: Uh, I-I don't know, but those things creep me out. Did you hear it laugh??

Aquamarine: Tch Oh, hush up, Ruby! This is a serious problem potential on our hands!

Ruby: Wh-What do you mean?