~Beneath The Surface~

He hunched over the desk, resting against his arms —a makeshift pillow. The blond's back rose and fell with each breath. They were like whispers to her. His face looked so content at the moment.

The dark expression that marred it was gone. While he had narrow jawline, his face would look beautiful on a woman, and those faint whisker like marks that rested on his cheeks piqued her curiosity. How the girls of this school didn't notice him was astounding to her. He looked so much better this way. It was strange watching him in such a manner, but Akeno only got a few chances to see his face this comfy. Usually, he would be resting face first against those muscled arms of his. Judging by what she saw last night, he was toned if the t-shirt he wore last night gave any hints.

For the second time today, Naruto Uzumaki fell asleep again. In Shido's class, no less.

Their teacher, a sly crooked man with a slender build and menacing glasses, cursed the blond with all his hatred. Instead of usually screaming at the blond misanthropist, the bespectacled, slender man chose to ignore him. According to Shido, those who fell asleep in class could afford to make up for it and he expressly forbade anyone from helping the blond in his lessons. Her included.

While the man was right, nobody liked him either. Shido was vain, prideful and arrogant. He was also an apparent lecher if the signs she picked up was right. Akeno would follow suit as a certain blond and ignore everything he said.

Sadly, her time to watch the blond lost in the realms of Hypnos had to end. As she got up, yells of joy and excitement exploded around her. Eyes viewed her with admiration, praises left their mouths and some even bowed down —willing to lay down their lives for her on a single command. Akeno looked towards her hordes of worshippers and gave them a small smile.

"Aaaaaahhhh~" So many of them squealed at such a simple action.

To them, her act was that of a god raining down blessings upon them. It was amusing, watching these teens become satisfied. If she had a normal life, one that wasn't flayed by treachery and abandonment, she too would've been like them. Perhaps not as enthusiastic, but she would be more normal.

Regardless, classes were over for the day and she walked towards her target. Normally, she'd wait for them to leave, but today she was a bit agitated. Annoyed too. Their lunch meeting had gone wrong. So very, very wrong. She spent a considerate amount of time to make it and then the blond had the gall to simply say 'It was okay.' When she asked about dinner he replied, 'I didn't feel like cooking.'

The nerve on him!

Akeno understood something very clearly. While she would be careful given how Naruto reacts to socializing (or his attempts to escape it), she couldn't simply take things slow with him. The man was dead set on not speaking about anything at all. But, she was more stubborn than him.

There was also that tiny bit about him being a smut writer. Oh the horrors the blond would go through if she let loose that the writer of Icha Icha was sitting among them. But, blackmail was a last ditch effort.

Right now, she needed to break him out of that solitary shell. Akeno was sure that he smiled lightly today. Even if only for a moment. Realizing that the eyes of the many were still on her, the Queen of Rias' Peerage decided to make things more interesting.

Elegantly reaching for a chair, the Nadeshiko stationed it in front of Naruto's desk and placed her bag on the floor. Cupping her cheeks and resting her elbows against the desk, her face was dangerously close to Naruto Uzumaki's as the blond slept. He was in a trance, and she decided to test her luck, ignoring all the shouts of disbelief as their idol get near the poisonous Uzumaki.

Her hand wade its way through the air. Akeno's fingers rhythmically moved as if hitting down on the perfect notes on a piano. Her targets: his whiskers. Did he purr? It boggled the reincarnated Devil to no end. 'Almost there,' she thought giddily. A maniacal giggle echoed in her mind. 'Let's see if you-'