The Fifth Great Satan

Two teenagers sat looking at a third teenager with rather concerned expressions on their faces.

One of the concerned teenagers was a bubbly looking girl with her black hair done up in twintails. She was wearing a pink kimono that hugged her figure rather splendidly. Her name was Serafall Sitri.

The other concerned teenager was a young man with a shaggy mane of crimson hair that went down to just below his shoulders. He was wearing the standard outfit of the aristocracy of Europe of this day and age. He was called Sirzechs Gremory.

Their concern was being directed towards a blond individual with spiky hair. This individual was wearing an incredibly bright orange Gi. In fact all he ever seemed to wear are orange clothes of one sort or another. This was Naruto Uzumaki-Phenex.

To understand why Serafall and Sirzechs were looking at Naruto concernedly one needs to understand a bit of Naruto's history.

Sixteen years ago, Lord Phenex, Head of the House of Phenex went on a journey to explore the world of humans. During that time he met and fell in love with a beautiful human woman by the name of Kushina Uzumaki.

Alas, the love of a Devil for a human is fleeting at best as Devils are immortal beings, while humans are not. As such it shouldn't really be all that much of a surprise when Lord Phenex grew tired with Kushina. However what could be considered a surprise was that by that point in time Kushina was already heavily pregnant with his child.

Upon giving birth to her son, Kushina implored Lord Phenex to look after her child, as she was dying from complications with the birth. Reluctantly Lord Phenex agreed to take the child. He was reluctant to do so however because back in the Underworld he already had a wife and a son, the Lady Phenex, and Ruval Phenex. He just knew that his wife would be most displeased by the arrangement.

It wasn't long after returning to the underworld that his wife had started forcing his bastard son to wear a choker with a pendant on it that had the kanji phrase "Shin'nyū-sha." She even had it magically locked onto his neck so that he would be unable to remove it. The thing was even magically crafted so as to modify its size as the boy grew older.

This combined with everything else that the child suffered over the years is what led Naruto to the decision that he found himself on the cusp of making, and it was why his two best friends were looking at him most concernedly at this exact moment in time.

"What's wrong Naru-chan? You don't look particularly happy." Serafall stated as she looked like she was being made miserable by the mood that Naruto was in. Unbeknownst to either of her two friends Serafall had a serious crush on the blond teenager, but there was just no way that she was willingly going to admit that here and now. No way whatsoever.

Naruto sighed and looked over at his beautiful friend and gave her a lopsided grin saying "Sorry Sera-chan. I just don't really feel like I am much use to you or Sirzechs-sama. It doesn't help that my family is constantly beating me down and never really giving me the opportunity to grow as a Devil. I really think that if I am going to come into my own I need to get out from underneath my family's shadow."

"Now Naruto-kun, you know you are always welcome to take up residence with my family..." Sirzechs began stating.

"Mine too!" Serafall chimed in helpfully, though the statement seemed to cause her face to flush scarlet for some reason.

Naruto couldn't help the fox-like grin that appeared on his face, this grin wasn't helped by the fact that ever since he was born he had strange whisker like birthmarks on his face. "Thanks you guys. But I don't think that will work. I really think I need to depart the underworld if I am to reach my ultimate potential."