Part 6

After lunch, they resume practice. Mahi is in the first net and Sakshi was asked to make sure Mahi doesn't overstretch his back. 

Mahi put on his helmet and took his stance, the bowler bowled him a good delivery and Mahi hit the ball with full strength and if it weren't for the nets it would've been a 6.

Sakshi watched the shot and was simply in awe of it. She had a huge smile on her face. Mahi saw her from the corner of his eye and decided that he would try to smash balls to maintain that smile on her face. 

And true to his decision he hit the rest of the deliveries out of the park. Sakshi's smile just kept growing wider and wider. Mahi finished his batting practice and went to take off his pads and gloves. 

Sakshi went up to him

Sakshi: Those were some elegant shots MS!

Mahi: Thanks Sakshi

Sakshi: You played really well but at times you tend to hyperextend some of your muscles which can cause you problems, you should try to avoid it if possible.

Mahi: Yes Maam, I will work on it.

Sakshi:  MS its time for your back therapy Dr. Nikhil is waiting for your you 

Mahi: On my way, bye

Sakshi: Bye

Mahi and Sakshi were busy talking to each other but their exchange hadn't gone unnoticed. Sonu who was practicing in the adjacent net had seen how his sister's face lit up when she was around Mahi. Sonu went up to her and tapped on her shoulder.

Sonu: Kaha khoi hui ho behna?

Sakshi: kahin nahi sonu bhai aap batao

Sonu: bas kuch zyada nahi I just got done with the practice for the day. 

Sakshi: Oh that's nice

Sonu: Tum kitne baje free hogi?

Sakshi: I'll be free in about 30 minutes since everyone is either done or close to done with their practice for the day.

Sonu: Thats nice, aacha suno na. Tum apne iss bhai ke ssath coffee peene chalogi?

Sakshi: Yah Sonu Bhai of course.

Sonu: Ok so done we're going for a coffee right after practice.

Everyone finishes with their practice and heads back to the hotel. Sakshi goes to her room, freshens up, and goes down to the cafe in the hotel. Sonu joins her in a few minutes.

Sonu: So Sakshi kya piyogi?

Sakshi: Hmm, I'll take a latte

Sonu: Ok ill go place our order you take a seat.

Sonu goes to place their order while Sakshi takes a seat at one of the tables and opens her social media. She is just scrolling through when she sees that she has a friend request from the juniors. She accepts Ro and Vi's request as he had a private account, she followed them back and kept scrolling.

Sonu came back with their coffees and took a seat.

Sonu: So, how was your first day working with us?

Sakshi: It was great Bhai, I got so many older brothers and friends. I truly felt at home.

Sonu: That great sis, ek baat puchu mai sach sach jawab dogi?

Sakshi: Ha Bhai, aap pucho

Sonu: Tumara favorite cricketer Mahi hai na?

Sakshi: Yes he's one of them as I said before I truly love all of yall equally but if I had to choose then it would be the ones I mentioned.

Sakshi: can I tell you a secret? 

Sonu: yes baacha, you can trust me.

Sakshi: Bhai, you know I always wanted an older brother, but I am an only child. When I came here and at lunch when Dada said that he was my brother, it felt so good. My wish got fulfilled yes it took time but it was worth it. I asked for one brother but I got blessed with so many.

Sonu: You are not the only blessed one we too are blessed to get a sweetheart like you as our sister. 

Sakshi: Bhai, bhabhi se kab mila rahe ho?

A/N: Sonu and Priyanka are not married yet but they are in a realtionship.

Sonu (blushing): Jaldi milaunga she's coming for the second half of this tour.

Sakshi: Oh ho bhaiya blushing ha

Sonu: Meri chod tu bata, is there anyone? ya koi hai jisko tu pasand karti hai?

Sakshi's mind immediately went to Mahi but she wasn't sure of her feelings yet.

Sakshi: To be very honest, there is someone I like but I'm not sure about how I truly feel, it could be just a tiny crush. I need time to really figure it out.

Sonu: Ah I see, well all I'm going to tell you is to take your time. And when you are ready to tell I will be right here to listen and to support you.

Sakshi: thank you so much Bhai.

Sonu got a hint of who she might be talking about but he didn't want to assume anything nor did he want to push Sakshi to tell him. 

They finished their coffee and went to the team room to chill and play some games with the rest of the team. 

---

That's it for today

I hope you guys enjoyed the update, I know I said I was going to try to update by Sunday but I've been a bit busy lately. I will try my best to update at least once a week, and if time permits ill try for two, so please bear with me and continue supporting.

Lastly please vote and comment to let me know how you guys are liking this story.

Looking forward to reading all the comments.

Until Next Time 👋🏼