𝙻𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚈/𝙽

Leaving home was possibly the hardest thing Y/N ever had to do. Not because they were emotional but more so they didn't feel like buying a boat and rowing out hundreds of miles just to get to a new home. But alas that was their only option, except they just decided to steal the boat in the dead of night and not waste their precious snails- which they stole from their parents. As they dragged the boat into the water, they thought about their choice. Was this the right thing to do?

    A mental debate began in their brain, both sides having an equal pull that swayed Y/N but they favored the "this is a stupid, unplanned idea but the right choice" argument. So they mumbled an apology for their thievery and began their long journey to the closest land mass. A couple of hours passed and they could still see their home island. They groaned and rowed faster. More hours pass and their stomach growls. They reached for their bag to pull out some food, but once their hand is inside the bag, and they swish their hand around inside it, they realize they didn't bring any food. None. Frustration towards themself filled their core as this truly was stupid and unplanned.

    But, luckily for them, they knew how to use plant magic. They could use various spells from all the different magic types. When given the choice of a course at their old school they couldn't choose. They conjured up a fruit bush that had ripe berries and delightfully plucked them all, shoving them inside her mouth. 

    A day or two passes and Y/N finally makes it to the island, arms weak and sore as they had been rowing nonstop for 48 hours. Their eyes held large bags and as soon as they walked on solid ground they almost passed out. Their legs gave out and they just sat on the docks, giving themself their first break after the long journey. 

    40 minutes later someone grabs Y/N by the shoulder. They let out a gasp and jumped up, getting in a fighting stance and preparing to make a magic circle. The person who touched them slowly backed away, hands up as a way to tell Y/N they meant to harm. 
    "I'm sorry for sneaking up on you like that," The person bashfully said, rubbing the back of their head with their eyes closed, "I'm Luz. What are you doing on the docks?"
    "Uhm," Y/N stuttered, lowering their hands. What could they say? Oh yeah, I fled my home, "I- just waiting for school to start," Y/N let out a nervous laugh and hoped their excuse would work.
    "Do you go to Hexside? Where's your uniform?" Luz asked.
    "Oh darn, that's what I forgot at home," Y/N realized that Luz was wearing a multi-color school uniform. Did they allow students to take multiple magic tracks? Or were those the school colors and the school mascot was just some weird rainbow being.
    "Been there. I'm sure if you explain it to the principal he'll give you a spare, or I can walk you home!"

    Y/N tensed, "Oh no, no. That's fine. I don't want you late."
    "Hmm, ok. What's your name?"
    ".....Y/N."
    "I've never even heard of a Y/N at Hexside. What are your tracks?"
    "P-plant..?"
    "You only take one course??"
    "No, no. Plant, bard, and illusions."
    "Two of my best friends are in one of those, how come they've never mentioned you?"
    "Well- I uh don't speak during class."
    "Oh. Well, I have to go. I hope to see you around school, Y/N!" 

    Luz smiled at Y/N and waved goodbye as she walked- jogged, away. Y/N let out a breath they didn't know they were holding. They placed their hand over their heart and calmed their breathing. Well, now they were stranded on some island and had nowhere to go. Great, what an improvement from their home. 

    Y/N wandered the unfamiliar land. Wondering why they didn't just choose someplace they knew and not some weirdly shaped island. But then they entered the town and it clicked.

They're in the boiling isles.

    Y/N used to call this place home around 8 years ago. But they had to move, separating Y/N from the only friend their age they had ever made; Hunter. They had met one day when he was out of the castle while the Golden Guard was looking for him. He and Y/N played all while they avoided being found by the Golden Guard and Belos' other staff. But eventually, they were found and Y/N got yelled at by their parents and they were certain Hunter had the same fate.

    They looked at the Emperor's Castle and shook their head. They had stopped thinking about Hunter 4 years ago and they weren't about to start reminiscing about him now. They walked around town, as they expected no one had recognized them. That was until someone by the name of Eda Clawthorne stopped in her tracks at the sight of Y/N.

    "Hey, kid!" Eda said, trying to get Y/N's attention. 
    "Me?" Y/N asked, pointing to themself.
    Eda laughed, "Yes you. I recognize you from somewhere... Are you from around here?"
    "Uh yes?" Nope.
    "Have we met?"
    "I don't think so," Man, Y/N was really on a roll with this whole lying thing.
    "Wait. Y/N?" 
    "That's not my name, sorry. You must have the wrong person."
    "Oh, you two just look so similar."

    Eda walked away and Y/N almost broke down in tears. Eda was basically Y/N's mother when they lived on the isle, Y/N would visit the owl house whenever their parents were at work. Eda basically took them under her wing. Y/N remembers them being 7 and crying to Eda and explaining how they were moving off the Isle. 

    Where would Y/N go? Where could they call home? Why didn't they think this through?

    "W-wait, Eda?" Y/N called after her, regretting their decision instantly as the words left their mouth. 
    "Huh? So we have met," She said as she turned around and walked back to Y/N.
    "I am Y/N, I'm sorry for lying."
    "Pshh, kid don't worry. But why did you?" Eda ruffled their hair.
    "I- I uhm don't really know? I didn't want to get all sappy in the middle of the street."
    "Wanna come to my house then?"
    "Um if you don't mind?"
    "Of course not, my little witch."

    Y/N smiled at the nickname as Eda led them down the all-familiar path that leads to the owl house. "Would a 15-year-old still be considered a little witch?"
    "Absolutely," Eda smiled her toothy grin and Y/N couldn't help the fact that their smile grew.

=====================~~~~~~~==================

not proofread

grrr hope you like this

SPOILER WARNING

I know hunter is a grim walker but I like to imagine when the golden guard is old enough Belos makes a new grimwalker and forces the golden guard to raise them like "this thing can take your place at anytime, raise it." idk, pretty fucked but whatever. I also just like don't know how grimwalkers work so I just assume they start as babies but just age faster, this is 100 % wrong but its how it works in my brain ok??