𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝚂𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚜

The despondent teens had sat on the living room floor crying for hours. Their anchor was ripped off the sea floor just as the waves had picked up when it became dangerous for the two teens to be alone. The two had throbbing headaches when they finally stopped their tsunami of tears. A feeling of despair and emptiness hallowed their minds: nothing seemed right. It was a pitiful sight, saying the least. The two had to have Hooty carry them into their room, unable to move. Even when they were in bed, comfy in their pajamas and covered in blankets, the two still didn't feel warm. King crawled up the ladder and cuddled with Luz. He also shared their sorrows. Eda was a burning fire in an arctic cave to the residents of the owl house no matter what; they all knew she would help them and keep them warm through the toughest of days.

    Y/N laid in bed for what felt like hours but turned out to only be 30 minutes. They pondered the past, thinking about everything Eda had done for them. They thought it would help, thinking about how strong Eda was, but that was when she had magic. The owl beast didn't stand a chance against Lilith and the Emperor, not to mention the other Emperor's Coven lackeys. If Y/N had been strong enough to pull Luz up on their own, then Eda would still be around, and she would still have her magic! It was Y/N's fault. They couldn't save Luz, and now they can't save Eda because even their most potent spell was only a fraction of the strength that Eda and Lilith conjured. They will only ever be a little witch, unable to do anything for anyone. And those thoughts brought Y/N down another rocky path of despair. Hours pass with toxic thoughts plaguing their brain until they eventually decide to get up and walk downstairs.

    Y/N grabbed the capes Eda had made for them and Luz. They looked in the kitchen but couldn't bring themself to walk in, knowing they'd reminisce about the times Eda had made them Apple Blood tea and lunches when their parents were too busy. They sit on their bed after putting Luz's cape up with her. A note was attached to their cape; they pulled it off and read it. "To my Little Witch from their proud mother - Eda." They almost cried, feeling as if their heart was ripped out of their chest and stomped on personally by Belos. Luz and King get up after a while, finding Y/N sitting on the roof with their F/C(favorite color) cape draped over their shoulders. The two decided to leave them alone, not wanting to start a pity party. Luz and King sat in Luz and Y/N's room; King read a storybook aloud about the emperor and the "greatness" he brought to the isle.
    "Do you think the Emperor kidnapped Eda for his 'big plans?'" King asked, expecting an answer from Luz, "Luz?" He looked up and saw the girl sitting on the window sill: she had her cape folded in her lap with the note in hand. 
    "I don't care what Belos is up to," Luz said. She got out the window and put her cape on, "Because today I'm saving Eda."
    "Are you sure this is a good idea?" King said. Luz was unresponsive as she left to get Y/N, with King following her. 

    The duo climbed out the window and went on the roof where Y/N was currently wallowing in self-pity and melancholy memories. "Y/N?" Luz hesitantly asked, sitting down next to her roommate.
    "What do you need?" They croaked. They put on their hood and looked away.
    "I'm going to save Eda, but I need your help," Luz explained.
    "Why? So I can get her double captured?" Y/N bitterly said.
    "You're not the reason she got captured. Lilith is the one who threw me off- not you. You both tried helping me, and I thank you for that," Luz said, "Eda wouldn't want you blaming yourself, and I don't want you to either. Help me save Eda, please."
    "Ok," Y/N said. They took their hood off and gave Luz a nervous, small smile. The two left the roof with King following in tow. The teens walked to the small weapons closet and looked for something they could use to fight.

    "What are you two doing?" King asked, peering in through the edge of the closet's doorway. 
    "This is serious, King," Luz sharply responded. She picked up a gigantic red ax but could barely hold it, "Eda used her powers to save me and got captured by Lilith. Now she's the Owl Beast and has been taken before the Emperor. I don't know what he's planning to do with Eda, but we're going to rescue her." 
    Y/N grabbed a sword and a scabbard, then hid it under their cape, "Eda is in danger- we have the opportunity to help her! I'm not going to sit around while she's with the Emperor."
    "Haven't you been listening to me?" King asked, raising his book in front of Luz, "He's the Emperor. He's the most powerful witch alive."
    "King, you have to understand," Luz said. She knelt to his level and put a hand on his shoulder.
    "Eda was captured because of us. We snuck off, and then we were used as bait. We have to make up for our stupid choices," Y/N said.
    "She's in her Owl Beast form. How will she recognize you guys?" King asked. The two didn't think this through entirely. 
    Luz answered before Y/N got the chance, "I don't know. But we have to try."
    "Then I'm going too," King said.
    "King," Y/N said. 
    "Me and Eda don't always see eye to eye, but I consider her family," King said, "I want her back just as much as you two do."
    Luz gave him a small smile Y/N did too. "Alright, then we've got no time to lose," Luz said. The three ran out of the closet. King threw his book behind them. It fell with a satisfying thud. But as it landed, the book opened to a picture of a threatening-looking Belos.