𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸𝚝 𝙻𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚜

Y/N woke up and yawned, unable to stretch as Luz called "dibs" on the top bunk. They crawled out of bed, stretching their muscles and cracking their bones. "I think you cracked all 206," Luz called from above after hearing the repetitive noise.
    "Sorry," Y/N said, ceasing their cracking.
    Luz hopped down from her bed and clumsily landed in front of Y/N, "Nervous?"
    "More so insecure. What if I don't make any friends?"
    "Then I'll introduce you to mine."
    "Ok, yeah, yeah. Thanks, Luz,"
    "Of course, roomie. Now let's go eat breakfast!"
    "Yeah!" Y/N cheered.

    The two walked out of their room and into the kitchen where Eda had prepared something called "pancakes". She had a human cookbook and used it to make something special for Y/N's first day of school. Luz complimented her cooking skills, saying they tasted like ones she had back on earth. After the three had finished eating, Luz and Y/N said goodbye to king and then Eda flew them to school.

    "It's my first grudgby season! I have so much school spirit! Even more than the school spirits!" Luz excitedly said, getting off the staff. The Hexside spirit that was in front of them threw their pom-poms on the ground.
    "Why do I even bother?" The ghost asked, rolling away in the air.
    "You were doing great!" Y/N called after it, hopping off Owlbert.
    "You know I used to play Grudgby in my gory days," Eda said. 
    "You mean glory days?" Luz asked.
    "Oh yeah, that too. I had the best plays, strategies, and the best cheats. I was unbeatable."
    "Cheating isn't anything to brag about," Luz said.
    "How do you know if you were any good if all you did was cheat your way to victory?" Y/N asked, paying attention to the two's conversation and not marveling at the decorated school, "They did this all overnight?"
    "Pshh, what do you two high schoolers know about winning?"
    "...That you shouldn't cheat to win," Luz replied. 
    "Whatever, nerds. I'll see you after school. Have good days," Eda said before she flew off.

    Y/n and Luz walked into Hexside, Y/N waved goodbye to Luz since they had to visit the principal's office. They knocked on principal Bump's office door, he shouted for them to come in and they did.
    "I'm here to be assigned my classes," Y/N said, fiddling with their thumbs.
    "Ah yes. What tracks were you thinking?"
    "Bard, plants and illusions, please,"
    Bump made a magic circle and the grey Hexside uniform Y/N was wearing turned into one similar to Luz's. Their pants were red while half their sleeve was blue and the other green. Bump then gave them their schedule.  
    "Thank you."
   "You're welcome. Now, go to class." Y/N nodded and left his office. They looked at their schedule. They had History first hour, Math second, Being a Bard third, English fourth, Lunch, Illusions fifth, Plants sixth, and finally Biology. They walked into history, and they surprisingly saw Luz and her two friends, one was in a plant track uniform, and the other in an illusion uniform.

    "Shouldn't you be a year ahead of us? You're 15," Luz asked, Y/N just shrugged.
    "I mean, I didn't go to school last year so this stuff will be new to me," Y/N replied.
    "Who's this?" The one in the illusions uniform asked.
    "Oh, this is Y/N! They're my new roommate! Y/N this is Gus and Willow, Gus and Willow this is Y/N," Luz introduced.
    "Hello, Y/N," Willow greeted, waving to them with a small closed-eye smile.
    "Hi, nice to meet you," Gus greeted.
    "Nice to meet you both! Should I go to another table, this one is pretty crowded?" Y/N asked. The four of them were currently shoulder to shoulder.
    "You sure?" Luz asked.
    "Positive, besides I need to make some friends of my own," Y/N smiled. Were they really sure? Absolutely not, they honestly just wanted to stick with Luz and have her act as a knight in shining armor. Y/N decided to sit at the table in front of the three, sitting next to someone in the potions track whose face was mostly an eye.