𝙴𝚍𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚎𝚖

Eda sat at her vanity, checking a list of things she needed to do. "Luz needs a new coat. King needs to get checked for fleas. Y/N needs new gardening tools. Am I missing anything?" She listed, she looked up in her mirror, "Wow, Owl Lady, you sure have changed. She grabbed a picture of her, King, Luz, and Y/N that was slotted in her mirror, "It's worth it."

From in the front yard, Eda could hear her kids practicing for the Gland Prix. Luz and King did pull-ups while Y/N counted and cheered for them. Eda moved from her vanity and opened her window, watching the three.

"All right, King. What's the first thing you're doing when you meet your dad?" Luz asked King after she had done ten pull-ups.

"And ten thousand! Well, once we're done training, I'm gonna move out of that closet, that's for sure. Then, I'm going to ugly cry. Hard!" King answered.

"I definitely didn't count to ten thousand," Y/N said as they picked King up and spun him around. He groaned from the illness growing in his throat and climbed out of their arms and instead onto their shoulders.|

"Have you told Eda about your decision to le--?" Luz asked King.

He cut her off, "Shh!" A loud closing sound makes the three look up and see Eda's window closed, they shrug it off and think nothing of it. "I-- I'm not ready yet. I'm not sure how she'll react."

"I'm sure she'll be ecstatic once you tell her," Y/N said with a smile, "I can't wait to tell her about my plan."

"I'm so happy for you two!" Luz smiled, bringing Y/N and King in for a hug.

Eda was crouched under her window and had an upset expression cast across her face. She sighed, "Everyone's leaving, huh? Even King and Y/n. I guess I'm no substitute for the real thing." Eda walks over to her trunk to put the photo in but she spots a lute. There was a stormcloud detail on it she had carved herself. "Nothing like a good distraction," She said, grabbing the lute. She began to play, and her belongings began floating, "Has my magic returned?" She gasped. She stops playing and everything stops floating. She sighed, "Guess not. Stupid curse."

Luz, King, and Y/n stood on the edge of a cliff, Eda's staff in Luz's hand while Waffle was in Y/N's. They fall and fly over the water, maneuvering past several rocks. "Wooo!" Y/N cheered, "We're so good at flying."

"I don't feel good," King groaned, holding his stomach.

"Hang on buddy, we're almost down," Luz replied. King tried answering but his sickness took over and he clung to Luz's bag, barfing whatever he had eaten into it.

"Sorry, Luz," King groaned.

"It's ok, let's just get back home," Luz replied, trying to mask her disgust.

"Here, eat this," Y/N said, handing King a flower that healed his sickness.

"Oh wow, is that.. vanilla i taste?" King asked.

"Yessir, its a new remedy I've been trying out," Y/N replied, "I'm glad it worked."

The three finally return to the ground and back to the owl house. "Again, I'm sorry Luz," King sighed, his head down.

"It's ok, buddy," Luz replied, "Hey Eda, got another backpack i can borrow?"

"That one got a little thrown up in," Y/N added, hiding their little laugh behind their hand.

"Closet," Eda simply replied, pointing in the direction of said closet.

"Why are you suddenly interested in flying? Did you give up on returning to the human realm? I mean, I guess you could stay here a little longer," Eda asked. Y/N looked at her weirdly, tilting their head to try and figure out what was wrong with her