𝙴𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

Before school had started, Luz insisted on waking up extra early to teach Lily and Eda more glyphs. Y/N found it endearing how willing Luz was to teach the two. So as the three practiced runes in the front, Y/N made crêpes using a human cookbook Gus had lent to them. Gus also gave them a human botanist book, meaning they now knew practically everything about the human realm's food. And they could grow human foods perfectly just for Luz. It wouldn't be a bad idea to sell them at the market as exotic foods if they ever needed the money. But, right now, that wasn't a worry. They put the crêpes all on separate plates and put some strawberries and blueberries on them. Y/N grabbed a strawberry and plopped it in their mouth. At first, they were a little scared and skeptical. But, after they bit down, they realized just how good the red fruit was. 
    "Luz! These strawberries are something else, man!" Y/N shouted. They conjured more and more and stuffed their face full. 
    "Strawberries?!" Luz asked.
    "Yeah! I made some! And crêpes!" 
    "Can you bring out the plates?" Y/N could practically hear her puppy eyes. Y/N  smiled and created a tray using some vines. They placed the plates on the tray and walked outside, handing everyone their breakfast. A string of thank-yous filled the air as everyone began eating.
    "Wow, kid, I didn't know you could cook like this," Eda said.
    "Thank Gus," Y/N smiled, "He let me borrow his human books. Which I need to return today." Y/N ran back into the house and grabbed their school bag. They put Gus' books inside of it and then ran back out. 

    "Toot-toot! The Hexside train is a-coming!" Hooty said, picking Luz up using his beak and Letting Y/N climb on him. 
    "Uh, King's in charge while I'm gone!" Luz said as Hooty carried the teens off. Hooty dropped the two off and said goodbye. 
    "Okay," Y/N said, taking a deep breath, "First day back since the petrification ceremony."
    "At least you actually saw our friends," Luz heaved, "They haven't seen me in like 10 days!"
    "I offered for you to come with me," Y/N shrugged, "But, just be chill. Gus and Willow have missed us, and I'm sure our teachers have too."
    "Ehhh," Luz said. She sighed and opened the door just enough where the two could peek their heads. Willow and Gus immediately saw them and cheered. 
   "Oh my gosh!" Willow said, scooping the two in a hug with Gus following her actions.
    "Luz, you're ok! It's so good to see you again!" Gus said.
   "Woah, Gus," Luz said, noticing his changed voice and the fact he was taller, "Did I, uh, miss a birthday or something?"
    "Witch puberty," Gus replied.
    "It happened two days ago when I was over his place," Y/N laughed, "I forgot how fast it happens."
    "I can't thank you guys enough for helping us and Eda at the Conformitorium," Luz said. Y/N nods.
    "It's cool. I just hope it helps Eda remember my name. She keeps calling me goops," Gus replied. Y/N stifled their laughter.
    "Hey, goops!" A student greeted.
    "It's already spreading," Gus said. Willow placed a hand on his shoulder.
   "Goops is a cool nickname. It'd work better if you were in the abomination track but," Y/N shrugged.
   "Hey, Luz," Amity greeted.
    "Amity!" Luz said.
    "In celebration of your return, I have brought you a homemade fairy pie."
    "Oh, wow. That sounds so..." Luz said, she looked down at the pie and heard the muffled screams of the innocent fairies, "...Good."
    "The ingredients are very fresh,"
    "Thank you," Luz said, "You know, after everything that's happened I'm just glad to return to some sense of normalcy."
    "You can't just barge in here!" Bump's voice was heard over the PA system. 
    "Yes, we can! We are the Parent Creature Association," An unknown voice said. Amity's eyes widened.
    "Luz Noceda, Y/N Clawthorne, Willow Park, and Agustus Porter, report to Principal Bump's office now! And you too, Amity."
    "Mom!?" Amity said.
   "Am-Bam, that's your mom?" Y/N asked.
   Amity sighed, "Sounds like it. I'm sorry for whatever's about to happen, guys."

    The five walked to the office in silence. Although Y/N loved challenging authority, this was their friend's mom. Not someone from the coven they'd never see again. They had no problem calling Belos names behind his back and to his face but as they thought about what could possibly happen in the office, their anxiety grew. They put one of their hands behind their back and tapped a rhythm on their fingers in hopes of lessening the stress. Willow noticed their dilemma and placed a hand on their shoulder, she then gave them a small comforting smile. It helped a bit. Their tapping stopped and breathing became regular just as the five had entered the office. Y/N sat in the chair between Luz and Willow, which was directly in front of Bump.