𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙿𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚗

Today, Luz had gone to the library to find the journal Gwen was talking about. And to see Amity. Amity had helped her in finding the journal in the restricted section, but an echo mouse had eaten the pages. Amity ended up getting fired for being in the restricted section, but Luz had done many dangerous challenges to get her job back. Amity then kissed Luz's cheek.
    "Am-bam kissed your cheek??" Y/N asked as the two were having their nightly pillow talk.
    "Yes! And it's like sorta confusing and not," Luz said.
    "Well do you like her?" Y/N asked, wiggling their eyebrows.
    Luz pushed them away, "Maybe..."
    "I think you should go for it. And this is the second adventure you've brought something back from. First, it's Jean Luc and now it's an echo mouse that'll tell you how to get home.
    "It's not that easy," Luz groaned.
    "Sure it is. If she kissed your cheek and then ran off there's a guarantee she likes you back."
    "Maybe one day."
    "Whatever you say, Luz-goose. Goodnight, love you."
    "Goodnight, love you too."

    Y/N woke up the next morning to Luz pressing her face against the echo mouse's tank. "Oh, little echo mouse," She said, "You ate the diary that can get me home. Can't you cough up a tiny bit?"
    "Luz, I don't really think coughing up a tiny bit would help," Y/N groaned from their bed. They got up and grabbed their clothes, going into the bathroom and changing. They walked back into their room and saw Luz still bothering the poor thing.
    "Edaaaaa, tell Luz what we're doing today," Y/N called, struggling to pull Luz away from the tank.
    "Well, if you don't get ready you won't be getting a magic staff with the rest of your classmates," Eda said. Luz immediately got changed and rushed out the door.
    "Come on, Eda, Y/N. We gotta fly!" Luz said.
    "There we go," Y/N said. The three climbed onto Owlbert and flew off to school. 

    "Hey, Willow, shouldn't Amity be here?" Luz asked, Y/N made a kissy face at her. She rolled her eyes and pushed their head away.
    "Oh, sorry, Luz. I heard she stayed home today," Willow answered.
    "Oh," Luz chuckled, "That actually makes sense."
    "Hello, Willow and Gus," Y/N said, "I apologize for my roomie's impolite behavior." Willow and Gus chuckled as Y/N kept pushing a protesting Luz back. Luz tried to speak but Y/N put their hand over her mouth, "Ew! Luz, why'd you lick my hand?" Y/N wiped her slobber on Luz's arms.
    "Don't get it on me!" Luz replied.
    "It came from your mouth, now it gets to go on your arms!" 
    "Leave me alone!"
    Bump cleared his throat and stopped the teens in their tracks, "If you two don't mind I would like to begin."
    "Sorry, Bumpy," Y/N laughed. 
    "Don't call me that. Anyways, good tidings on this momentous day, students. You're all about to receive your witches' staff. And more importantly, meet your palismen. This is a crucial step in your magical development. Palismen are life-long partners. They can become both your good friend and a powerful tool. In my case..." Bump snapped his fingers and the demon clung to his head and became a staff, exposing Bump's long black hair.
    "Why does everyone in this place have good hair?" Y/N marveled as the other students gasped along with them.
    "... Frewin here helps me see." Bump finished. It was now Eda's turn to speak.
    "Now, traditionally, young witches carve their staffs from the branch of an old Palitrom tree," Eda explained.
   "But, sadly, Palistrom trees are becoming rarer. And those that remain are guarded covetously," Bump said.
    "That's why I've teamed up with Bumpipoo..." 
    "Never call me that."
    "...to bring you-" The bat queen flew in and landed on a wooden seed-like crate.
    "Palismen adoption day!" The bat queen finished. The palismen came out of the crate and Y/n immediately gushed.
     "Aw! Willow look at that one!" Y/n said, pointing to a goose with a bell.
    "Thanks for the favor, BQ. Here's your whistle back," Eda said.
    "Save it for another time. This was my pleasure," Bat queen said, "What a wonderful idea." A cardinal tried walking out the fence but Bump brought it back in.