𝙰𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑

Y/n and Luz woke up and put on their uniforms. Outside they heard a fight going on and looked out the window, seeing a bunch of guards fighting Hooty and failing at landing any attacks. Y/N stifled their laughter and walked downstairs, Luz following in suit. They went into the living room and saw Eda had a cauldron on the table. "Ooh magic 'sghetti!" Luz said, peering into the cauldron and almost sticking her hand in before Eda used the stirring spoon and lightly slapped her hand.
    "Hey! That 'sghetti is witch's wool," Eda explained, "It repels powerful spells. Every witch worth their salt has a cloak made out of this.
    "I'm worth salt," Luz said, "I want a cloak." Eda pulled the cauldron away from her.
    "Easy, kid. With the Emperor's goons at my doorstep, I need this for protection."
    "They've really stepped up their attacks lately," Y/N added.
    "I think I finally understand why the emperor wants you so badly," Luz said, "He has the hots for you, doesn't he?"
    Eda does a finger gun and clicks her tongue, "But no. Emperor Belos wants to control all wild magic through his coven system. He ordered my capture years ago because I refused to fall in line."
    "And he won't stop until he's got her," Y/N added, Luz had a downcast expression.
    "Aw, don't be worried. I'm a master escape artist. The only thing that can slow me down is my curse, and that hasn't bothered me in weeks," Eda said. Feathers then grew out from her arms, "Uh-oh."
    "King! Get the elixir, now!" Luz shouts. King scrambles to get one as Y/N uses their vines and drags Eda to her room. The three feed Eda 12 elixirs before she's back to normal. Eda's scarf fell off her shoulder and revealed her gem which was now half yellow and half black.
    "Your gem!" Luz points out.
    "It's still dark. The curse has been getting worse and you've been hiding it," Y/N finished.
    "You're crazy! No, it's not," Eda replied.
    "Eda," Y/N sternly said.
    Eda sighed, "You're right. It's taking more elixir to turn me back, and more magic to keep the curse from showing its feathery head."
    "What happens if you use your magic up? Do... do you die?" Luz asked.
    "No," Y/N said, almost laughing.
    "Jeez, you're morbid," Eda added, "I just kinda sorta turn into the owl beast forever. It's a fate much worse than death if you think about it." Eda laughs.
    "No, no. I can't let that happen, I'll do something about it. We'll do something about it," Luz said looking at Y/N, who nodded.
    "We'll find a cure and then-" Y/N says before Eda interrupts.
    Eda places a hand on both the teens' shoulders, "Hey, don't worry. I just have to limit my magic use a little." Eda prods at Luz's frowning face and makes her smile, "Ah, there's the Luz I know." Her face sinks once more as her lips quiver with tears brimming her eyes. "Ugh, do the parallel arm thing."

    Luz, Y/N, and King immediately hug Eda. Eda begins shuffling with the three still connected to her body in a tight embrace. "Ok, it's time for school," Eda grunts.
    "Have a good day," She says as she leads Y/N and Luz to the door.
    "Get rest," Luz says.
    "Drink lots of water," Y/n said.
    "Stay out of the sun!"
    "Lift with your knees, not your..." Eda slammed the door before Y/N could finish.

    "Poor Eda, she has enemies everywhere," Luz said to Y/N.
    "Even her own body. When I was younger it only took half an elixir to get rid of her owl beast, but now 12? I feel so bad for her," Y/N replied.
    "I wish we could help her," Luz sighed. A man was heard shouting in pain, Luz led Y/N to the sound and the two sneakily peeked through a bush. They saw Hooty having a tea party with the Emperor's guards. The two remove themself from the bush and shudder. The two start running to school, due to the fact they might be late and that there were still guards out and the two could get captured.

    They arrive at Hexside and stand by Gus and Willow. "Luz, are you excited for the field trip of a lifetime to the one, the only, Emperor's castle?" Gus asked.
    "Right, I was actually going to stay behind. I don't like the way they treat Eda."
    "But you're gonna miss out on all the cool stuff!" Gus says, shoving a book about the castle in Luz's face.
    "What about you, Y/N?" Willow asked.
    "Hm? Oh, I'm with Luz. Besides, I used to know someone who lives there and I don't want to run into him. It'll be awkward."
    "Oooo," Willow teased, bumping shoulders with Y/N.
    "Not like that. I last saw him when I was 7, if I see him I'll just lie more and it's not my best strong suit."
    "What cool stuff is there?" Luz asked.
    "Ancient relics!" Willow says, taking the book and flipping to a page, "Look it's the plant coven's green thumb gauntlet! It can grow whatever you imagine."
    "Willow you're so good at plant magic you can do that too," Y/N complimented. Willow blushed slightly and said a small 'thanks'.
    "And the oracle sphere, it tells you what path will help you become your best self," Gus said.
    "The healing hat. Made of magic from the savage ages. It is said to cure the deadliest of diseases and heal any curse," Luz read.
    "Yeah! You can't miss this," Willow said.
    "She's right," Y/N whispered to Luz, "Maybe we can help Eda with this."
    "What about your secret friend backstory?" Luz whispered back.
    "Who cares about him? If this will help Eda then I'm more than willing to possibly see him again."
    "All aboard, students," Principal Bump said. Luz, Willow, Gus, and Y/N boarded the flying "vehicle" that would take the students of Hexside to Emperor's castle. Luz and Y/N were hatching a plan to steal the healing hat when Willow snuck up on them, causing the two to jump.
    "What was that, Willow?" Luz exclaims. 
    "I was just saying we're getting closer to the castle," Willow said, peering over the edge of the carriage, "Emperor Belos built it as a sign of unity. Before he came into power folks were doing magic all wrong. He taught us the only way to respect what the titan gave us is through joining covens. It's a shame Amity couldn't make it, she would've loved this field trip."
    "Willow, do you really believe covens have made the world better? And that our ancestors were doing magic wrong?"
    "I mean, I have no reason not to believe it."
    "But what about the people who choose to do wild magic? Why should they be deemed as bad just because they don't want to conform to Belos' ideals?"
    "I- I don't know," Willow replied, "Why do you ask?"
    "No reason.'