5.GOING OUT

WHEN IT WAS NEARING 7 p

WHEN IT WAS NEARING 7 p.m, I started to get ready.

I wore a black stripped crop top and black baggy jeans with my black converse and a plaid black and white flannel shirt.

As of my hair I let them down- as always.

I didn't wear any makeup, I don't really use makeup I just don't like it and I don't really use it.

Okay maybe sometimes I wear mascara and eyeliner, only that.

But right now I feel like not wearing any makeup.

Then when I was finished i went down the stairs and saw my mom at the kitchen cooking, god I hope she's in a good mood.

"Her mom" she turned around and stared at me "hey you, were you off to?"
"Oh I'm just going to the library, hehe"
I left a little giggle just to lighten up the mood.

"At this hour?" She asks "ugh well you know me mom there's no time for me when it's about the library".

"Okay well don't come home late" "Oh I was thinking to be out till 9 maybe or a little more?"

She gave me a look "No y/n that's too late" "what? mom it's summer, everyone it's outside having fun untill late, besides I'm gonna be inside the library so I'll be safe"

She waited for a second "mom come on there's nothing to be worried about!"

"But is the library even opened until that late?" Oops I didn't think about that, quick, think of something.

"W-well....., Mr. and Mrs. González told me to stay with them to help me decorate the library for the rest of the summer! yeah that's it they told me that!"

Good job y/n that was a good one!

"Okay in that case you can go" YES! "thank you mom" now i have to ask her about the money.

"Um mom?" "yeah" there's one more thing I need from you" "and what is that?" Okay here I go..

"Well I was thinking if you could give some money?" She immediately turned my way "why the hell would you need money?"

"Oh it's not that big of a deal it's just like 10 bucks? I don't know 15? maybe 20?.

"Yeah but why do you need the money?, you already have the card that you need to take books with you so you can read them without paying?.

Okay........, now what do I say? Hmm think y/n think....OH! but of course.

"Well I've been wanting to buy this really cool book for a long time now but I didn't have the chance and I remembered it now so why not".

"Y/n, you're spending too much money on books, you can't keep doing that, you know it's not worth it".

"I know mom but you know that books are what is 'keeping me alive' " i joked even tho I was dead serious i just made it sound like I was joking.

Its true, what is keeping me alive are books and music.

They are my escape place, my comfort place.

"Okay, I guess, go take my wallet" I run up the stairs as if I was running for my life and to my parents room.

I kept quiet because was father had fallen asleep on the bed, he must be pretty tired that's why he's sleeping so early.

I found my mom's wallet and went to the kitchen.

I hend her her wallet after she dries her hands in the towel and she unzips the wallet and hands me 20 bucks. Ah thank the lord.

"Thanks ma" "tell Mr and Mrs González I said hi!" "okay I will!", maybe tomorrow..........if I'll remember.

I don't understand my relationship with my mom. Sometimes we're loving towards each other and other times we can't stand each other.

Anyway.

I turn around, open the door and leave the house.

Ah finally outside that shit hole, now to the funfair!.

I go to look for a taxi and finally find one. I open the door to the car and get inside.

"Where to miss?" I tell him the place that the carnival is happening and after 6 minutes or so we finally arrive.

I pay him with the money that I was looking for when I came back home from the library earlier today.

Thank God I didn't spend them because if I had I would have to pay for the ticket to the funfair or I would have to ask my mom who I'm sure there's no way she would give me more.

I got out of the car and I am amazed of the view infrond of me. Wow this place is amazing.

There's fireworks flying everywhere in the sky and clown music? which is great? I guess?.

I go to the queue and wait for my turn to pay and to get inside.

Seriously I can't wait, it's so amazing out here.

I've never been to a funfair because, its my first time here, I always wanted to come tho I just didn't have the chance.

Sometimes I feel like my whole life I've been living under a rock. There's so many things that I haven't tried that I should've been experiencing right now but I haven't.

Well I guess it's time for me to get out under that rock and live some, take advantage of my time as a teenager, even tho this is my last year being a teenager, oops.

When my time finally comes to pay- after what it feels like a hundred years-
I finally pay and get my tickets.

When I get inside the fence I can't help but smell the smell of popcorn and cotton candy.

I feel like I'll never stop saying this but for the third time tonight this place is awesome, I can't wait to try everything out.

While I'm staring around I feel someone tapping on my shoulder.

I turn around and I'm met with a boy that I can't help but feel as if I have met before.

"We meet again" he smiles to me.

WC: 1086 wordsPUBLISHED: June 13th, 202223:42 pm

WC: 1086 words
PUBLISHED: June 13th, 2022
23:42 pm