Chapter Twenty-

James held Ivy against his chest. The sleeping boy was curled in on himself and had a small, barely there smile on his face. James couldn't help but think about what he had discovered that afternoon. The way Ivy had screamed, as if Christian had actually been right next to him. It disgusted James to think about. His poor, baby boy was so hurt.

James knew he had to stop what was happening to Ivy, he just didn't know how. Ivy was so in love with Christian that he was blind to the pain. It were as if, in his eyes, Christian was a mislead saint who just punished when it was "deserved." That was another thing that irked James. Anytime he brought up what was happening, Ivy would list off some bullshit about how he got what was coming to him- that it was all his fault, and not the monster's who actually beat him.

There were so many things wrong with it, but few solutions. James knew he could go to the police and turn Christian in, but have Ivy hate him. Or, he could kill Christian and end up in prison. Neither were appealing, but Ivy needed to be safe.

A small whimper came from the sleeping boy and James tightened his arms, smiling when Ivy's tense body relaxed. He sighed and looked down at the beauty in his arms, contemplating what he could do. Doing his best to ignore the bruises that peaked from under Ivy's shirt, he leaned down and pecked his cheek, whispering, "I love you." Before relaxing against his pillows and joining the boy in sleep.

***

James reluctantly dropped Ivy off at Christian's house, his arms tense and knuckles white. It was about ten at night and Ivy had woken him up requesting to go to his boyfriend's. The abused boy completely ignored the events from earlier, not even acknowledging that they'd kissed or fallen asleep together.

Ivy awkwardly said goodbye and walked towards the front door of Christian's home. His small, shaking hands twisted the handle and he waited for James to leave before fully opening the door. It was dark inside the house and there was a strange smell coming from the living room.

"Christian?" Ivy called as he limped into the dark room, his eyes slowly adjusting to see his boyfriend laying on the couch with a blunt between his lips. "Christian, what are you doing?" He asked, mildly disappointed that he'd resorted to drugs.

There was a dopey smile on Christian's face when Ivy flicked the lights on. "Just relaxing, preciosa. What else?"

"Babe, you said you'd stop?" Ivy asked, a pout on his face as he put one hand on the Hispanic male's bicep, pulling him up into a bent but standing position.

"I know baby, I was just so angry and needed to relax." Christian said slowly, exaggerating random words. There was that gross smell that drifted across Ivy's senses every time his boyfriend opened his mouth, making him cringe. It was so gross, he hated the smell of weed.

Trying to get his sky high boyfriend to act a little normal, Ivy nodded along and asked in his calmest voice, "Yeah? Are you calm now?" The Hispanic male nodded. "Good, just drop the blunt and we can go to bed."

Christian pouted but let the roll slip between his fingers. "Can you get me something to eat first?" Ivy let an annoyed sigh leave his lips but smiled with fake enthusiasm. "Of course, we'll just get you into bed then I'll bring you some food."

After getting Christian out of his clothes and into bed, Ivy sighed and limped into the kitchen with an irritated face. He couldn't believe this. First, Christian leaves and doesn't come to pick him up from school. Then, he comes home from a stressful afternoon with his personal stalker to find his boyfriend baked. Ivy knew he was probably just angry with himself but did his best to ignore it and push his feeling into Christian being high.

After getting a bag cookies from the cabinet, Ivy made his way back into Christian's room to see the more dominant partner laying on top of the covers and staring at his toes with an odd fascination. Letting a soft smile take over his lips, Ivy chuckled. "What's up babe?"

"Nothing really," Came Christian's slurred voice. "It's just that... my toes. There are seventeen sets of them. It's like... Wow."

"Okay Dopey, go to sleep." And just like that, Christian was sleeping.

***

"I've got a headache!" Christian complained the next morning, his fingers digging into his temples and attempting to rub away the migraine. Ivy glanced up and giggled from where he stood cooking eggs at the stove. "Guess that's what you get for smoking Mr.Rebel."

"Ugh, I regret it."

"You always do."

It was silent for a few minutes until the smaller boy was done with breakfast and set a large portion in front of Christian. He let his taller boyfriend take a few bites before nervously asking, "Could I have a bite? I haven't eaten in a while and have lost qui-"

Christian interrupted him with a nod. "Of course, darling. Come here." Ivy sat himself in the Hispanic male's lap and took a small mouthful of scrambled eggs. "You've been so good lately, you should be rewarded." Christian said happily, one hand still at his temple.

Ivy nodded as he felt guilt take over him, he just wanted to forget about how much he'd betrayed Christian last night.