Chapter One-

Ivy walked through the front doors of school, smiling wide and happy. One of his hands was occupied by his books while the other was intertwined with his boyfriend Christian's. His small fingers delicately placed between the other male's larger ones.

Ivy waved at his many friends in the halls and flashed his dimpled grin as often as possible. He liked smiling, making another persons day is what the short boy lived for.

His dark blonde hair often got in his eyes and he blushed when Christian brushed it away. The two boys stopped in front of Ivy's first hour class and shared a quick kiss, murmuring small goodbyes. The smaller boy skipped into the classroom and sat by the four other Hispanic boys he considered family. "Hey guys!" He said happily as he began getting out his supplies. "Hello Hermano." The one closest to him smiled, Tyler. "How are you and Christian?"

Ivy blushed and shyly said, "Amazing." All four boys laughed at him. Tyler, Tony, Billy, and Zane.

They all accepted Ivy and Christian. Everyone did. People even thought of Ivy as one of the girls considering he was on the volleyball team and part of cheer squad. His very small and feminine body only added to his girly-ness. At only five' three and petite, he could be mistaken for a girl. Which was kind of rude, because femininity wasn't determined by body type. But girls were amazing, so he couldn't be offended.

The five talked for another five minutes before their lesson started. It was short and boring, and thankfully passed very quickly. When the bell rang signalling the end of the hour Ivy got a piggy-back ride from Billy out of the room. He was giggling and smiling as he was carried down the hall. He waved when seeing Christian but frowned when a glare was all he got in return.

Ivy's boyfriend grabbed his hand forcefully as soon as Billy set him down. A vice-like grip that crushed the small boys bones, holding back a wince he smiled up at his jealous boyfriend he said, "I love you." Christian grinned and loosened his hold, happy with Ivy now that he'd told him those three little words. "I love you too, preciosa."

The dominant boyfriend dropped Ivy's hand so he could take his books and talk with his cousins. Nobody noticed the small boy's teary eyes, or the way he rubbed his pale hand. They didn't even notice the already darkening skin.

***

Later that night Christian watched Ivy during volleyball practice. The short boy would smile anytime he caught the Hispanic male's eye. His cheeks were flushed from running and his bright hair stuck to his cheeks and four head, sweat beaded down his neck, but Christian didn't care, he thought the boy was beautiful no matter what.

He loved Ivy with all his heart.

Christian knew that Ivy was his future and planned to propose right after high school. The kids in school and adults in town thought the boys would marry, they were in love. People could see that.

Ivy ran to Christian after practice, giving him a sweaty hug and giggled. "Can I come over tonight? Please?" He asked in a pouty voice, widening his eyes at the tall boy. Christian smiled adoringly and nodded, "Of course, querida."

Lacing their hands together the two walked home. "Want me to make something when we get home?" Christian asked as the neared his house. The smaller of the two nodded and pressed a quick kiss to the others cheek. He loved his boyfriend's cooking and would accept the offer even if he wasn't hungry.

Christian unlocked his house and lead the way to the kitchen. Ivy took a seat on the table and swung his feet back and forth, enjoying watching his boyfriend cook and be so focused. "I love you," He murmured when he caught the other's eye.

Christian blushed slightly and looked down, then back up. "I love you too, forever."

Soon, he was done cooking and gathered the pork chops onto a plate for Ivy. The hungry boy thanked his boyfriend as he took the plate, but cringed when he didn't get a good enough grip and it slipped between his fingers and dropped onto the tiled floor. A crash rang through the house and Ivy kept his eyes down, not wanting to see Christian's face.

His heart sped up when the other gripped the back of his neck tightly and yelled, "Are you really that stupid?" Christian threw his small boyfriend onto the ground, straight into the shards of plate and continued with, "I spent time to do something nice for you, and this is how you repay me?"

Ivy looked up in fear and pain. Glass was dug into his leg but he knew that there was more to come. "You ungrateful little bitch!" A punch connected to the side of his face and crashed onto his side with a loud yell of pain. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I love you!" Ivy said loudly as he began to cry. "Please forgive me?"

He got no answer other than another punch, then Christian stormed from the kitchen and into the living room. He laid there in tears as blood ran from the cuts on his legs and his face throbbed. He knew he deserved it, Christian loved him and wouldn't punish him unless he deserved it. But, Oh God, it hurt.

***

Ivy walked into Christian's room, a sad look on his face. "Baby, I'm so sorry. Please, please, please forgive me?" He said quietly and watched where his boyfriend was faced away from him on the bed. He heard a sigh and then, "It's okay querida, I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have hurt you."

Ivy smiled wide, happy the boy had forgiven him. "It's fine, there's no bruise... can we snuggle?"

Christian opened his arms and warmly hugged his boyfriend.To Ivy, this was the best and safest place in the world. In the comfort of Christian's presence. Giggling quietly, he placed a kiss to the larger ones jaw and murmured a tired goodnight, and fell asleep.

THE NATIONAL DOMESTIC ABUSE HOTLINE 1-800-799-7233
1-800-787-3224 (TTY for Deaf/hard of hearing)