Chapter Nine-

James noticed that Ivy wasn't at school on Monday. It was the first thing he pointed out when he met up with Christian and Tony before school started. "Where's Ivy?" The brunette asked.

He saw a flash of anger and guilt in the Hispanic males eyes. There was a strange tension in Christian's shoulders and James noticed that there were odd bruise marks on all of his knuckles. "Um, he wasn't feeling too good after the game on Friday." Christian said in a low voice while James nodded. "And I'm sorry for what I said to Ivy. He tried to get me to leave but I wouldn't, so, sorry if I caused a fight."

Christian shrugged at the apology and looked down as his brown eyes filled with sadness. Now he knew Ivy was telling the truth. That made his hatred towards himself grow even more. Not only had he beaten his boyfriend, his forever, unconscious, he had also done it on false accusations. Looking up, Christian cleared his throat and mumbled something about having to talk to some teacher then hurried away. Leaving Tony and James in a confused silence. The two boys glanced at each other before shrugging and walking towards their classes.

***

The next day Ivy was back at school, his eyes bright and smile wide. No one would have guessed it was fake.

James had seen in the hall after second period when Ivy was walking alone. The brown eyed boy had happily walked up to the blonde and began a conversation. They talked about random things for a few minutes until the new boy noticed how Ivy's eyes were searching the hall way. "You okay?" He asked quietly. Green eyes met his and James saw how timid he looked. But of course, the shorter boy just faked a smile and nodded.

Ivy looked over Ivy's body and just realized what he was wearing, loose black sweat pants and an oversized purple sweater that went too far past his fingers. Plus, the boy's hair was worn with no product, looking as he had ment for it to cover most of his face. "What are you wearing?" James asked with a quirked eyebrow. "You do know we live in New Mexico, right?"

Ivy blushed and looked down, his hair falling more into his face. "Yeah, just... I think I'm a little sick. I haven't been feeling too good since Friday. Today I've been really cold." He lied. The boy hated lying- especially to someone as gorgeous as James, but it had to be done. He started to feel awful as soon as the words escaped his lips.

"Oh yeah, Christian said that's why you were gone yesterday." James said then looked around the almost empty halls. "We better get to class, unless you wanna ditch." He continued with a wink and bit his bottom lip. Which Ivy had to admit was the sexiest thing he had ever seen before. And he'd seen Christian naked, so...

Ivy awkwardly rubbed the back and shook his head no, he did not want to ditch with the gorgeous boy. "Gotta get to class." he said in a very quiet whisper. With a final smile, one that was real and full of dimple, he began to walk away.

James didn't notice the way Ivy limped or held his left arm close to his ribs.

A/N

THIS IS SHORTER THAN MY NONEXISTENT D!CK

SORRY

Anyways, no need to vote for this because it sucks. I'm just really busy with family and other things.

HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY SEASON, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR DON'T CELEBRATE