The Big Day (Part Two)

Niall's POV

I smiled because I was happy. I know, seeing a girl you were in love with getting married to another man shouldn't be a very happy moment for anyone, but it was. Yet, when she looked at me, dead in the eye, I felt as if my heart had burst.

How had I moved on so fast? Because I knew she loved me, and sometimes people just aren't meant to be together. They're sometimes just supposed to share an emotional connection, and this I know will last for a life time. In fact, I even had a few lines for a song scrambling around in my head.

'Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like snow in September

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

I could practically feel the burning stares of the boys behind me. As where I sat right up front, they had decided to stick to the back. Some things just had to be done, you know?

I watched as she turned away from my gaze, and met Blake's, her beautiful smile lighting up across her face like a firework. It was real, because I knew she loved Blake too. He was her first love, you could see it in her face, in the way her nose crinkled when she smiled.

Blake was a lucky man, for he had found a woman he got to share an emotional and physical connection with. I was lucky too though, because I knew true love. It was a silly thought, right? To know you found your princess and fell in love with her in a months time. Yet, isn't that what happened in all fairy tales? Yet, even though I wasn't getting my happy ever after, I was perfectly content with what I had gotten out of the situation.

The rest of the service went quiet well, even though the silence that came with the whole if you don't think the couple should get married, say something now part was rather awkward. I felt as if all five people in the room, the boys and Lillian, were waiting for me to jump out of my seat and cry my anger out. But I didn't, I sat quietly, as all the others were. It was a strangely comforting silence.

The vows went well, perfectly written by someone else to the T.  And when it came time for Blake to kiss Lilly, I just smiled, stood and clapped along with the crowd, and watched as the new happy couple ran down the aisle to their awaiting car, as husband and wife.

Now, I moved along with the crowd, ready to head with the boys to the reception, to where I was going to make peace with Lilly once and for all.

"Hey, you alright?" Zayn asked as he shimmed up next to me, the rest of the boys trailing along as we made our way to our black SUV. I smiled, and shrugged, not speaking a word.

"He outta be blazin! The girl he loved just married another man!" I heard Louis whisper under his breath towards Liam. I smiled even wider. Some things, some people wouldn't get at all. Even for me it took me a little bit to understand myself.

I finally spoke when we got into the car, "So boys, who's ready to have a good time at the party? Better be a darn good cake!"

The lads erupted with laughter, and soon got into talk of how hot some of the girls at the wedding were.

Lilly's POV

My palms sweat as Blake leaned forward for our first kiss as Man and Wife. I couldn't believe the moment I had been waiting for for over eighteen years was finally here. I was no longer Lillian Whitlock, but now Lillian Carter. It had a lovely ring to it.

When we kissed, all my tension seemed to relax and I couldn't help but just smile as Blake and I walked down the aisle, heading towards our awaiting car. People were cheering and saying congrats to us as we passed. I knew I had lived this moment before.

I passed the boys, and smiled as I looked at each one of them. They all smiled back, shouting out a congrats as well. I was glad both They and Niall ad decided to come. My wedding had felt complete with them there.

I threw my bouquet out towards the crowd of waiting girls hands, but couldn't even see who caught it before Blake ushered me into the car. I had no idea what he was so hurried about, we were taking the long route so people had time to get to the reception hall first.

As we pulled away, I looked over the crowd, spotting Niall as he ducked away into their car. I sighed, and as soon as we were out of view, I turned to Blake.

"Darling, you remembered our passports for tonight, right?" I asked, making sure everything went right.

"Yes dear, I have our suitcases packed and ready in the back of the car already, our passports are in them." He smiled, and reached for my hand. His grip seemed to feel more reassuring now that he was my husband.

Leaning over, I planted a light kiss on his lips, and pulled away to look out the window, my hand still in his. I could see Central Park looming ahead, as we prepared to drive around it, enjoy a little view before rushing back into the frenzied mess of people neither of us really cared for.

"I love you, Lillian. I'm glad you accepted to being my wife. You made me a very happy man." Blake said after a moments silence, his hand gripping mine.

I half smiled, because what I could say was only half true, "I love you too, Blake."

It was sinking in, the decision I made. I could never be with Niall now, and that hurt.

A/N:

What should Niall tell Lillian? Who knows! Well, I just hope you all like the story so far, and to say I'm sorry for being such a crappy updater! High School is tough guys, especially with a Job, college classes on the side, and having detention all the time! (I promise, I'm not a bad kid! I just don't like detention...so I don't go. Lol)

Anyways, I'll try to get out another update as soon as I can! Hope yah like this chappie!(:

-Shelby.