Can you say awkkkkwaaarddddd?

A/N: So! I can't don't think I'd have time to finish the story and update it, so I did it while I have time now! So, here is a day early update! I hope you like it!!

-Shelby 

Lilly's POV

Hooking the back of the earring on, I took a step back and looked in the mirror. Sometimes I reminded myself of Audrey Hepburn. What a classy, elegant lady. Smiling, I was glad with what I chose to wear for dinner with Blake tonight.

A simple, black dress clung supremely well to my body, hugging it in all the right places. The Diamond necklace that Blake got me for my seventeenth birthday hung around my neck, and what I think would be a nice surprise, the red pumps that Louis picked out for me.

Walking out the door of my room, I followed the carpet down the long hallway and to the staircase. When I got to the top, I was met by the smile of my fiance. Grinning, I made my way down the stairs and into his arms.

"You look lovely," Blake whispered into my ear, pulling away soon after.

It's moments like these that let me forgive him for all the time he ever cancelled on me for work.

"Thank you darling. You look handsome as well," I stated, running my fingertips over his lapel. The fabric felt wonderful underneath my skin.

Blake slipped his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers, "Shall we go? Our reservation is waiting."

Snuggling up to his side, I smiled, and we went.

___________________________________

The restaurant smelled wonderful. The tantalizing smells of expensive taste tingled my nose.

The Hostess looked Blake up and down as we neared, giving me a look a few seconds afterwards. Returning her attention to my fiance, she smiled seductively, "Hello Mr. Carter, reservation for...two?"

Snuggling closer to Blake, I glared right back, making sure she could see the ring on my finger as I touched his arm. Blake hardly noticed.

"Yes", he responded, and I felt victory because instead of looking at her, her leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on my lips. I could almost feel the steam and jealousy radiating off of her.

When we straightened back out, she just smiled painfully, and spoke in a flat voice, "Follow me please."

Holding hands, Blake and I made our way through the neatly arranged tables of the restaurant, following closely behind the hostess.

The table was tucked away into the corner of the restaurant, the lights dimmed, causing the candles on the table to cast a soft glow on the deep red walls. Without smiling, the hostess sat the menus on the table, and sulked away.

Blake pulled out the seat for me, and I sat down, content.

When he sat down on the other side, he smiled, "Those new shoes look great on you. When did you get them?"

Squealling on the inside, but staying composed on the outside, I spoke, "I actually broke my heel when I was out and about the other day, and this really funny uhm...employee helped me pick them out, said they looked fabulous on me and that I had to buy them. So, I did."

"Well I'm glad you decided to wear them tonight, because you know I love seeing you in new things. Speaking of new things, I actually got you something."

I arched my eyebrow in question, watching as he reached into the inside of his jacket. When he brought his hand out, he held a long box. It was blue velvet.

Setting it onto the table, he slid it over skillfully. I opened it, "Oh Blake, you didn't have too." I said as I pulled the bracelet out, the soft light causing the diamonds and sappahires to twinkle gently.

"I know I didn't, but I wanted too.  Someone as beautiful as you deserves something as beautiful as that." He reached forward, and took the bracelet from my hand, and I put my wrist out so he could put it on.

It was very pretty, but it was a little heavy on my wrist. When I was done admiring it, I looked back up at Blake, "Thank you darling, it's wonderful. I love you."

"I love you too Lillian...shall we order?"

Niall's POV

I looked myself over in the mirror, happy with my appearance. I was actually really nervous, I didn't go on much dates, and not to mention one with a girl I only knew thirty minutes.

Straightening the lapel of my suit, I walked out into the small living area where the lads were waiting on me.

"You look wonderful Nialler!"

"Awesome suit!"

"She'll really know..whats happenin' "

"Lookin' good!"

Standing in front of the lads, I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling like a kid going off to their first day of school, the 'rents anxious.

"Are you guys sure it's not too much? I mean...right?" I couldn't find the right words to say, I was really nervous. I hadn't gone out on a date in a long, long, lonnnggggg time.

"Look, you'll be fine," Harry said as he moseyed up to me, " just don't forget always kiss the girl at the end of the date, and she'll be as good as in love with you." 

Liam rolled his eyes, "Don't follow his advice Niall, just do whatever you feel most comfortable doing. If you don't like the date, then oh well, that's what first dates are for. To see if you really like the person or not."

I sighed faintly and walked over to the door, "Well, I'll update you guys later I guess.." and with those words, I exited.

_________________________________

Jenny actually looked really beautiful. Her brown hair was let down in curls, much better then the messy bun she had earlier. Instead of a ice cream colored uniform, she wore a pretty gold dress and black pumps. The black shoes reminded me of lillia- woah, this isn't about her. 

Shaking my head, I smiled, and offered my hand for her to take. Her palm was soft, and warm. I honestly hoped she couldn't feel how hard my heart was racing.

"You look really beautiful," I managed without a stutter as I helped her into the black SUV I was given.

"Thank you Niall, you look really handsome as well." Okay, so it wasn't that bad so far, but I felt really awkward. I hope she didn't feel too awkward.

"So, where are we going?" Jenny asked, her finger tracing the top of my hand. Should I pull it away? No, pulling it away would make me seem uninterested, and that would be bad. Yet, then again, Liam told me do whatever I felt comfortable with.. Freaking bloody hell.

______________________

The Hostess smiled as Jenny and I walked in, and I felt jenny snuggle up closer to my arm, as if she was jealous or something. My eyebrow was arched, but as I looked up to the Hostess it took me two seconds to realize. The hostess was staring at me with...hungry eyes. Awk-freaking-ward.

"Uhh, Horan reservation please. And can we get a table in the back too...? If that's possible."

"Yes Mr. Horan, follow me please."

Lillian's POV

I heard the chairs of the table next to us scrape the floor, and curiously I put down my menu.

A heart attack almost gripped me when I looked up to meet dazling blue eyes. Niall Horan had been seated right next to me...and he was with a girl..?

Can you say awkward?