Getting into a cab

Lillian's POV

Present

"Niall, I-," His face leaned closer, and I couldn't help but smell the tantalizing scent of this cologne. It tingled my nostrils, shook my insides. His blue eyes slid close as he leaned forward...so close

I froze.

Three Days earlier

"Lillian!" The voice came from behind me, down the street. I could barely hear it over the sound of the bustling city.

Glancing back, I saw no one, so that probably meant it was some Pap stalking me. Yet, I kept on hearing my name being called, and every time I looked back there would be no one.

"Lilly!" The person of unknown origin called, closer this time. I sped up, I really did not need this! The sound of feet scraping pavement got closer. I did what I had too, "TAXI!"

The first yellow car stopped, and as I reached the door,  a strong hand touched my shoulder. I spun around, my eyes closed, "IfYouDon'tLetGoIWillCallThePolice!" My voice squeaked and faltered, so it didn't sound very threatening. The hand dropped, and when he spoke, I opened my eyes.

"Harry!" I said, my hand clenching my purse, "You can't just chase after someone! It's very..stalkerish."

The Cabbie behind me honked his horn, "Hey Lady! Either get in or I'm leavin!" His Jersey accent very, very heavy.

Harry seemed to take this as an opportunity. "You heard the lad! Get in! Get in!" Gently, he pushed me inside, sliding in next to me. The door closed, and the cabbie asked where too.

"City Hal-" I began, but was cut off by Harry.

"Bonnie's Cafe on the corner of Thornton and Ninetieth Street!"

The cab lurched forward, and we were soon some cab in a mix of cars, trucks, vans, and buses.

After about a block, I finally broke the silence, "Harry, why are we going to a cafe? I really need to get to City Hall. Blake is waiting for me."

Harry grinned, and scooted a little closer. I pressed myself against the door, staying as far away as possible, "Well, Blake had ditched you before, so you can ditch him at least once. I'm taking you out to lunch. Our own secret Date."

His fingers traced over the top of my hand, tingling shot up my arm. I yanked my hand away. "No, Harry, we are not going on a date. I'm engaged, and Niall did tell me about you. I'm not stupid."

He looked at me, confused, "Did Niall tell you that I try and get with Married women and older girls?" I nodded.

Sighing, I watched him scoot back to his own half of the seat, leaning into the gross, cracked leather of the seat. "You know, I'm not the Player guy everyone keeps setting me out to be. Half the stuff the papers say aren't even true. Yes, I may have dated a few older woman, but they all were okay with it. Like Caroline, we just clicked, and the relationship was great. And that DJ? She told me she was going to divorce her Husband, and that we were okay."

 I looked over, eyebrow arched, "Look, Harry, you don't have to prove anything to me. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I can't go out on a 'secret' date with you. I'm engaged, to Blake, I love him a lot."

Harry looked up at me, hope in his eyes, "Fine, it doesn't have to be a date. Just two friends having lunch. Please?"

I looked away, out the window, watching the people pass by on the street. I thought a moment, and picked up my phone.

To: Blake

I can't make it, I have some wedding planning that needs to get done. Tomorrow, Okay?