Chapter Twenty

Kingsley's POV
"And I'm done!" I opened the door but didn't find Lily there. Where could she be?
I put some clothes on and combed my hair. I quietly opened the door ensuring no one was awake. I tiptoed to Lily room. Should I knock? That'll cause a lot of noise.
I opened the door quietly and went in.
I could see the fear on her face. She sure wasn't expecting anyone to walk into her room without knocking. She looked kind of down.

"What wrong?" I asked taking some steps towards her.

"Uh.. nothing."

"You sure?" I asked with a brow up.

"Certainly."

"So what are we gonna be doing till day breaks?" She asked.

"I should be asking you that. You woke me up so?..." I replied. We stood in silence for sometime till she broke it.

"I have an idea! Let's play truth or dare." She suggested.

"Well, okay but we're just two what's the dare gonna be about? It's gonna be more of truths."

"Alright you go first." She said.

"Nah. You brought it up so you go first."

"There's no big deal"

"Tryna act mature." I said more to myself but she heard. She stuck her middle finger out at me.
Well, that'd be fun anyway.

"Truth or dare?" She asked.

"Truth."

"How old were you when you had your first crush?"

I grinned like an idiot. "I'd say at age nine"

She laughed. "Age nine?"

"Yeah. why are you laughing?" She still kept on laughing ignoring my question to the extent that she fell to the floor. I joined her on the floor too. I waved my hand at her face.
She let out a breath after laughing. "Okay. You're supposed to have a crush at age five or six. Nine? That's lame"

"Well, that is in America. But here in Nigeria, them go call am taboo. Even age nine sef na problem." She threw me a confused look.

"Did you just speak English in another language? Bro I'm fucking confused.. Explain." She blurted out.

"Well, I said here in Nigeria, it's not right to have a crush at age five. Even at age nine is a crime." I clarified.

"Ohhhh. I get it now."

"So truth or dare?" I asked.

"Truth."

"Can you ever go on a date with a Nigerian or any black?" I asked. The answer was going to determine my fate.

"Yeah sure. I'd love it. Why not?" She said suddenly excited.

"O..Kay. wow. Your turn."

"Truth or Dare?"

"Dare"

She undid her sandals buckles and kept them aside.

"I dare you to lick my foot. My toes precisely." She smirked.
I stared at her in shock and ew!

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me right darling." She stuck out her foot to my mouth.
This is soo gross.
I stuck out my tongue and kept moving my head back and forth like a lizard.

"My leg hurts already lizard. Just do it already!" She said.
Alright then. I closed my eyes and licked her foot.
Wasn't that bad after all.

"You'll pay for this Lily." I smirked.

"Truth or Dare?" I couldn't stop smirking with what I already had in mind.

"Dare"

"Bingo!" I said. She chuckled as if I just did something cute.

"I dare you to..."

"To what?" She said between laughs.

"Kiss me." I completed it. Finally! A kiss from my crush.

She burst out laughing. Why is she laughing?

"I knew you were gonna say something stupid because of that stupid smirk on your fucking face" She slapped my chest laughing. "Okay" She finally said.

Oh my God this is really happening.
She leaned forward with a beautiful face filled with emotions.
She placed her lower lip between my lips and we kissed passionately. She kissed me like a professional and I returned the energy whole heatedly. And we are.... Done. She withdrew and an awkward silence filled the air.

"Truth or Dare?" She asked.

"Truth"

"Who is Glory?" She asked. What the hell? How... When.. who told her... What?

"What?"

"Yeah. Who is she?"

"Um... She is a girl in... In my department" Why did she ask me that?

"You have feelings for her?" She had a brow up. She looked so serious now. What just happened? I'm fucking shocked.

"You're allowed to ask one question, not two." I protested.

"I'll allow you ask me two in a row. Deal?"

"No. One truth and one dare in one round. Deal?"

"Deal."

"So.. I.. did. I mean... How do you know this?" I'm really really really really confused right now.

"I don't know. You know,... Just normal." She said.

"Since when did this become normal? Did you-?"

"Yes I did sweetheart." She interrupted.

"Fuck you! You didn't even check the date dummy. That was like two years ago." I chuckled.

We both burst out laughing silently.

"Now remember I still have one truth and one dare for you."

She rolled her eyes in response.

"So which one first? The truth or the dare."

"Truth first."

"Alright then. Don't take this question personally. If you get angry because of my question, then I apologize in advance." I let out a heavy sigh. This is such a big question that will determine how my day and even weeks will go.

"Do... Do you.. um... Have a crush on me?" I felt an arrow pass through my heart. I was too scared to look at her face. What if it's a no? Oh no... I shouldn't have asked this.

"Don't worry. If it's a no,... There's no problem with it." I said with lost hope.

"I think... I... Do" Oh my God! Are my in a fucking dream? She does?

My eyes and heart was filled with hope once again. "For real? Do you like me Lily?" My heart beat was as fast as ever.

"Yeah." She was actually blushing!!! Her cheeks were turning red for me! Yes!

I cupped her cheeks and kissed her softly.

"I like you too Lily. A lot!"

"Really?" She asked. Normally, Lily was a girl who had a lot to say... Who never kept quiet. But now she isn't speaking! She's BLUSHING!!! FOR ME!!!

"Baby, you can't imagine the joy in my heart right now. At first, I thought you would reject me instantly... But it happened otherwise!!
I love you Lily."

It was obvious she was about to break down right in front of me.

I placed her hands on mine and stared at her with the cutest puppy eyes I could ever make. "Would you be my girlfriend?" I asked.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Lily?" She didn't say a word.
My heart broke down once again.

"I would love to but what is the point? I'm leaving today or tomorrow." She sobed.

"Oh yeah. That's true." I sat down back feeling so bad. Why did I have to confess this late?

A/N: please vote and comment readers. Let me know what you think about the story.