Chapter one

Lily's POV

"Life is really great! What more could I ever ask for?"
I asked  my friends who were sitting with me in my dinning. We were having the best foods ever.

"Yeah. This can't get any better." Kate said with a mouthful of chicken.

"It just got better." Jessica said licking the remains on her plate clean.

"How? What exactly made it better?" I asked chewing everything chewable in front of me.

"Nothing", she relaxed a bit on her chair. "You know, in the movies, when people say that, their response is always 'it just got better'" She continued.
I turned to the side and watched Kate role her eyeballs at Jessica.

"Guys-" Nora said.

"Correction, we aren't guys but girls. So call us girls Nora." Jessica said with a funny look.

"Can you guys eat up so we can... Do something else?" Nora said after shooting Jessica a dont-dare-me look.

"Something like what?" Kate asked.

"Yeah, something like what?" I said wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Uh... Go home and get our assignments done?"

There was a spontaneous outburst of laughter from I, Jessica and Kate. We laughed and laughed at her stupid idea until Kate decided to speak.

"Guys, let's not be mean, what's wrong in what she said?" Kate said ironically.

"Yeah, yeah, you're right. What's wrong?" I burst into laughter once again.

"So Nora, you've just had the best dinner of your life, and the next thing you wanna do is... Is get a stupid assignment done?"

"Um... Nevermind." Nora said.

Nora isn't the kind of girl who speaks up... She's calm, gentle and... Too reserved. She doesn't play much... Even with her own friends! I've tried all my best to make her feel comfortable with us but she... I don't think anything would ever change that fact In her life.

"Okay guys! Let's face our assignments." I said that just to make Nora feel good. It's not that I want to spend my time doing that... But as a good friend, I'll do it for Nora.

"Seriously?" Jessica said with a wierd look.

"I can't believe this is coming from you Lily. Are... Are you okay?" Kate asked roaming my body with her hands.

"I'm totally fine. Now let's go. I'll take care of the mess we created."

"Nice. Meet you tommorow at school." Kate said waving at me.

"Bye." I said waving at them all.

I watched them leave my room then my house, then outta my compound.

I cleared the mess we made by myself. No other hand assisted me. It was  pretty much. Cramps of food are on the floor, plates..., If my mum sees this, she's never gonna allow me have my friends come over ever again. I better hurry.

I grabbed my backpack, unwillingly brought my chemistry homework out. I've tried all my best to balance all these equations but it seems I'm wasting my time.

Life is hard! I was totally wrong when I said life is great. Why are teachers so cruel? I don't understand a single thing about this! What made me make the decision to become a science student?

Well, the instruction says 'Attempt all questions', so... I'll attempt, but doesn't mean there'll be sense in any of it. I giggled a little and wrote down all the nonsense stored in my brain. Superb! Maybe there's a little sense in all this.