Chapter Twenty Two

Kingsley's P.O.V

I spotted my girlfriend hugging my mum. Does females always get emotional? Jeez. Before she could leave, I stopped her.
"Uh... Mum?" I called.

"Yeah?"

"I actually need to take the car somewhere today. I'll be back soon." Hope she would give me.

"For what? And where?"  She asked.

I didn't want to tell her before, but guess I have to let her know now. "Actually, I would love to help Lilian pick her parents.. since they're meeting us today... You always said we should learn to help right?.." Please say yes...

She placed her right hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry honey. I'll do it." She was about to leave but I stopped her again.

"Mum... I already promised her I'll help." I lied.

"You can't have it." David said. "I'm taking it out today." He bit into an apple. Fuck him! Sharing a car really sucks!

"Mum please... You know this is for a good deed.. at least let me do something nice before she leaves." I begged.

"I'd have loved to say yes, but you already heard your brother... He's taking it out already and-"

"But what I'm doing is way important mum" I pleaded.

Mum looked over to David. "Let him have the car." She said.

"No mum!" He raised his voice. "He can't always get all he wants."

I moved closer to him. "What's this about bro... I need it way more than you do..  okay?" This was already becoming serious.

He pushed me back. "What do you need it for?" He asked.

"None of your business." With that, I left both of them.

"Kingsley?" Mum called. But I ignored her anyway.

I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple.

*********
Lily's P.O.V

And... Done. I've packed up all my stuffs. I've packed it before tough, but not completely back then. But everywhere's a mess. I went downstairs to grab a broom and dustpan. I don't know if they've got a vacuum cleaner or not. Where... Is it?

"Oh hey... Kimberly." I called.
"Please where can I get a broom and dustpan?"

"You wanna sweep?" She asked. Well, duh... What else?

"Yeah."

"Don't worry Lily. I'll do it. You don't have to bother-"

"No Kim, let me do something for you guys at least." I insisted.

"You know lily,.. without you, this house was always boring. I was stuck with two grown guys who dosen't even have any time to spend with me. But when you came, that changed. I'm really going to miss you Lily." With that she hugged me. I returned the hug and tears threatened to fall down my cheeks, but this time I fought the tears. She pulled away from me and got me the broom and dustpan.

"Thanks darling." I said.
I got to my room and swept it in a jiffy. I'll be leaving very soon to get all the formalities done. I've actually already done some of it.. but not all. Kingsley dosen't know anything about this yet. Well, he mustn't know everything, must he?

We had breakfast in a short while and I slept till two.
I yawned and stretched as I grabbed my phone. I got up and straightened my outfit. All nice. I'll go get my parents now.

I walked downstairs and met Kingsley. "Kingsley. Can you please take me to the nearest ATM? I'll need to pay the Uber guy."

"Why can't you just transfer the money to him?" He asked.