Chapter three

Lily's POV

"Kate! I'm ready. Can we get going?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting for Nora. She promised to be here in five minutes."

"Do we have to wait? I'm kind of in the mood to go on a mission to save my family and defeat those demons called kidnappers!"

"Woah, where is that coming from? Chill. Oh! There she is, that's her." I spotted Nora waving at us walking towards us.

"Guys!", She said breathing hard. Seems like she has been running all day. "I'm here. Phew! Can we get going?" Nora asked wiping the sweat off of her face.

"Yeah, sure. Seriously, the passion you guys have for this is... Is really encouraging. Thanks guys." Now, I got really emotional. Their zeal is causing enthusiasm in my spirit.

"You're welcome dear. We said we are inseparable and we'll fight for each other right? So why thank us?"

"Thanks guys." I hugged each of them and wiped the tears off my eyes.

We stopped a bus and got into it heading to our destination.

Finally, we got to the exact address and it's... It's lonely. The compound is large My family is in there. What could they be experiencing there? I've got to save them. Lily, Kate and Nora to the rescue.

We got to the main gate but to our surprise, there was no security man to guard the house. How could this be?

"Guys... No security man. This could be a trap." Nora said frightened.

"Yes. Why wouldn't there be people guarding a place like this?"

"So what are you going to now? Chicken out?"

"No, I can't chicken out, I'll go with you." Kate said.

"Nora? What do you have to say?" I asked even though I already knew my answer.

"A... I'm coming with you." She said to my surprise.

"Really? Then let's go."

We went slowly vigilantly. No harm must come to us in any way.

"Ah... Kate! Lily!" Nora shouted. We spotted a man holding Nora's hair hardly.

Kate ran away immediately because she was close to the door leaving both Nora and I all alone.

I tried to move closer to them but the strange man stopped me holding a knife to Nora's neck.

"Don't you dare! Come any closer, and your stupid friend's gonna be DEAD!" He said. This really frightened me. I was panicking with no idea of what to do. What should I do? What should I do?

"What do you want from me?!" I said shouting at him from a distance.

"I want you!"

"How? What do you mean? How can you want me?! You're so-"

"Shut up!" He said bringing the knife closer to Nora's neck.

"Don't touch her! You have a problem with me right?! Then take it out on me! I know you're the jerk who kidnapped my family!"

"One more word from you, and your friend dies! You speak only when I ask you to."

"O... Okay." I said terrified.

"Sit over there!" He pointed to a retarded chair.

I walked slowly to the chair and sat. What on the Earth does he want from me now?

"You'll either let us keep you here or she dies!"

"Okay, let her go! I'll come with you."

"Reduce the pitch of your damn voice now!" He screamed. What does he expect? We are not really close, there's a huge distance between us. If I don't shout, he wouldn't even know I'm talking. He immediately let go of Nora and she was running towards me.