Chapter 5: Killing Time

:) Sorry if there are any errors!

**********************************************************************************

Entering the club was a lot more easier than I thought it would be. No fake ID's, no point and runs into the building.

            The bouncer was a round looking black man with dark shades on and an expensive looking suit. I expected him to give me the dirtiest look when he saw my attire, then looked down at my own outfit. I was wearing a slim black dress and heels. But instead of feeling the freezing air on my legs, I still felt like I was wearing sweatpants and Death's heavy leather jacket.

            I yanked the whore outfit down and stopped my tracks. "Um, Death--?"

            Death stepped in front of me. I was a little star stuck when I saw that he was in all of his glory, wearing a black suit and aviators. His beautiful markings overwhelmed my interest and his thick hair was pulled back out of his face into a stylish swoop. He even smelled like he sprayed some sort of cologne. It wasn't anything I had smelled before.

            Great, now I have to try and ignore another delicious scent. Stop fascinating the newborn to get her all goo-eyed over you, jerk.

I really had to think of a different name for him than "jerk." Even in my mind it sounded lame.

            "How did you do all of this?" I wondered, touching my seemingly bare arm. I didn't understand how I could possibly feel my skin when I knew I was wearing a jacket. "Can you teach me?"

            "All I did was manipulate what you can already do and created an illusion. If you believe you are wearing a dress and heels, you're wearing a dress and heels," Death said, smoothing down the lapels of his suit. "We have to look nice going into this club because it's a little more high end than most." Death eyed my dress. "You're holding your illusion together very nicely, just try not to think about it."

            I frowned a little at this friendliness. "I thought you were weak?"

            He grinned. "Princess, I have hundreds of multiples of myself collecting souls as we speak. I think I'm able to hold a little illusion."

            After he told me that we were silent the rest of the walk.

            When we came to the club, there was a line at least an entire block long into the club, blocked off by railings. There were woman with dresses even shorter than mine, fixing their breasts to make sure they had enough cleavage, and getting on their toes to look over the line. Death shoved his hands into his pockets and walked right past the line. Women ogled over Death's backside and gave me filthy looks.