Deathly Epilogue

[Death's dream]

"Today, we mourn the tragic fall of a Heavenly Brother..."

            My body met the icy surface of the water.

            "His human name was Alexandru Crucellio, Guardian Angel of Heaven. He was once the son of Malphas and Phoebe Crucellio, until his heart and soul were chosen by Him to serve His Kingdom. Our Fallen Brother was brought up in an imperfect world where a child as great as he should not be raised. He was surrounded by a demon who ate away at his prevailing, youthful soul, yet overcame many obstacles in his life and held his head high Alexandru's life revolved around fighting since birth until he became the best swordsman to ever exist..."

            Paralyzed by the low temperature and the crude, awkward impact, I momentarily blacked out and stopped breathing all together. My body sunk towards the bottom of the ocean, smearing the water with a trail of dark red ribbons of blood behind me.

            "God only chooses the best. He saw the good in our brother, and saved Alexandru, plucking his wings from the Heavens and offering Alexandru the grace of God, before he ultimately succumbed to evil. As a human, our brother was an undefeatable fighter. As an angel, our brother became a Protector...a Guardian Angel."

            Black shadows spiraled around the water like inky tendrils, gripping at my arms and legs and holding me beneath the water. Dragging me under... Imprisoning me... I didn't have to breath underwater. I could be trapped in the ocean forever.

            "We remember our brother as the pupil of Gabrielm the Archangel of Heaven. We remember our brother, in hopes that he will one day return to us again through the Gates of Heaven. But only God knows what will become of our brother, and only God decides which paths to lay out for him to take."

            Eyes bursting open, my head whipping side to side, taking in the massive shadows around me. I lifted my claws and slashed at the shadows. They only tightened and tightened until I submit to their control. The shadows sunk into the sand of the ocean, dragging my feet into the ocean floor. I thrashed against the shadows, gripping at rocks and plants along the ocean floor, silently crying out.

            "Alexandru will not remember his love for us because he will be lost. He will walk along the human realm without real emotions, seeking only raw, evil, unattainable revenge, because he has given himself willingly to evil, as so many Fallen Brothers have in the past. We cannot predict what evil does next or what punishment God has decided to thrust upon Alexandru. But we can have hope...."

            I was waist-deep in the thick sand when there was a vibrant burst of light from above, lighting up the sea floor. The dark shadows hissed and howled, hurrying away from the light. I shielded my eyes as the light came closer and closer...

            "...Hope that one day, our brother's soul will burn a brilliant white once again, and his wings will match the color of His clouds. Hope that one day, He will once again choose our brother amongst the other creatures below, and that Alexandru will serve our Kingdom again. Brother, please hear our prayer."

            The blinding white light compressed together until it formed long legs, a torso, arms, and head of golden hair. The white glowing figure gripped me by the shoulders, yanking me free from the sand and holding me steadily in front of them with two strong hands.

            'Who are you?' I mouthed.

            The light faded around an angular, familiar face, with youthful bright green eyes and a scar over their left eyebrow.  'I am your past. Follow me to your future,' he would always mouth back. I stared into the eyes of my human self, before he pushing off of the sea floor and rocketed upwards  towards the surface of the water.

            This was how the dreams always began.

            'Come back!' I pushed off the sea floor, but when I broke through to the surface of the water, I was no longer in an ocean. Sometimes, I was in a home, watching myself from a third point of view, looming over a pale, dying old woman or man, with their spouse gripping shakily onto the loosening hand of their ill husband or wife. Most times, I was in a hospital, watching myself wait patiently next to a frail, sick child, then snatching away his last breath. I always felt forced to watch his mother and father collapse on his body, howling in grief. Years ago, these dreams were random to me, and didn't always occur, but when they did, there was something about them that saddened me greatly. By now, I at least understood that the worst and hardest kinds of death, at least to me, were the death of innocent children. I never quite understood why I dreamt of the elderly.

            This time was entirely different.

            This time, as I emerged from the deep depths of the ocean, I was on the roof of building. The clouds above were gloomy and ashy, lighting every other second with thick bolts of purple and blue lightening. Suddenly, a burst of brilliant white light pierced the sky, creating a sonic boom. My eyes dropped to the source of the light, where my cloaked self stood at the center of the roof, scythe raised outwards towards the sky. He let out a roar that shook the building and everything around it, knocking me straight to the ground. The sky seemed to split in half as he cried out. After his scream faded, a colorful explosion of purple, blue, and white, scattered over the ceiling of earth, and my cloaked self collapsed to the ground, throwing himself over something at his feet as his dark wings burst out of his back defensively over his possession.

            No.

            At the sound of a massive blast and thousands of car alarms, I ran to the edge of the roof and peered over, staring down in the streets of Chicago in horror. Buildings all around us started to sink deep into the ground, lava burst from in-between cracks in the small streets below, and angry bolts of lightning penetrated screaming citizens below. Large, dark, flying and crawling creatures escaped from the cracks of lava, elongated, fanged faces howling with screeches of laughter as the sun became entirely blocked out by inky clouds. Almost immediately, there was the thickening coppery scent of human blood.

            Evil was taking over.

            "Faith..."

            I whipped my head back to my hooded self, watching his large body rock back and forth with a woman in his arms. I caught the flash of pale flesh and froze mid-step. It couldn't be... Slowly, I stepped around debris floating through the air, my eyes unblinking, trained on the unmoving item clutched in the grasps of my future, own two hands.

            "Faith..." he cried, sobbing over the lifeless woman, cradling her head in his hands, "I love you."

* * *

**CRIES**

This concludes the end of DIMBFWB. I seriously hate ending this book, but I feel like it's time. Thank you all SO much for all of your support! I can't thank my readers enough for every comment and vote that I've ever recieved for this series! I still can't believe I am where I am on the site, but it's all because of YOU! :) <3

P.S- It looks like the series might actually have 6 books and not 5, we'll see. I don't want to drag this story out just for my fans. ;)

Coming soon...

Death Is My Soul Mate. Book 5 of the DIMBFF Series. TRAILER TO THE RIGHT! :DDDDD

Facebook group in external link for the series!

Twitter and Instagram: Katrocks247