Chapter 6: Easy as Die

#TheDeathThirst  (LOL. Love you all. xx) (Ignore the weird spaces Wattpad creates.)

**************************************************

"Unfortunately this isn't the first time this has happened," Trixie had told Death and I inside of Ace's study, where Ace was unconscious on a velvety purple couch. At first glance, Ace didn't even look like he was breathing, but his eyes rapidly twitched underneath their lids. Once in a while, his mouth soundlessly moved, whispering inaudible secrets to the room.

            "This has happened before," Death eachoed, raising a dark eyebrow at me.

            Trixie exhaled slowly. "It gets more stressful every time." Her gaze traveled between us as she added, "Can I get you two anything else? I still remember to this day how hungry I got while transitioning."

      Death hadn't spared me a single look since Ace had collapsed in his arms. I didn't expect a look until I drew attention to myself. I was in my own world, gulping down a freezing cold water bottle and eating pita chips, feeling the miserable withdrawals of the demon blood I ingested.

      As he was turned away from me, my gaze lingered up his arms to his impressive shoulders, then back down his stretched out legs. I was so tiny, ditsy woman--don't get me wrong, but in comparison to Death, I was dwarfed. A linebacker had nothing on him.

      I didn't need his attention. I wanted to curl up in a ball in my bed back at my parents house, and pretend everything in my life was normal. I wanted to eat my mother's home cooking and watch reruns of old television shows with my father. I missed my family more than anything but now that I was a newborn in transitioning, I was afraid of what I would do to my family if I ever saw them again. I was afraid of accidently seeing Andrew again, knowing what he was, and having to cover up the fact that I knew his secret so that he wouldn't do anything drastic, like threaten my aunts life.

      I was so freaking afraid.

      'She is life,' Ace had said before he collapsed, 'She will destroy you.'

      I shoved a handful of the pita chips Trixie had given me into my mouth, chewing vigorously, then followed it down with a large gulp of  icy water. It was just as Death had told me before: the more I ate food and drank water, the closer I came back to earth. After drinking demon blood; a potent drug in the supernatural world, Death had gently lead on that if I didn't start eating and drinking to rid of the blood in my stomach, he was going to force feed me.

      I swear, that man was such a sweetie sometimes.

      "These visions he's been having...he remembers them, but he never tells me what they are," Trixie began, her gaze fixated on the carpet. "I've checked on him in the middle of the night and found him sleep walking around the club after closing hours. His eyes are open and everything. Usually he speaks French in his visions, recently he just stares at me when I find him and speaks Latin. Ace only speaks the old language when he works with spells. It's almost as if he's having conversations with himself sometimes. The other night I found him staring at himself in the mirror, saying the same words over and over again. It was inaudible. When I came closer to him, he turned around and just stared at me, then thankfully let me take him back to bed. I can never write the words down quick enough to translate--"