Chapter 14: Soft

Listen to the amazing song by Laurel! She's sung many songs for the series and she has an AMAZING voice. In the beginning, she reads the description of DIMBFF and then she sings her original song! :)

P.S- I wrote this all in chunks and as usual I didn't edit so yeah. Sorry. LOL. 

***************************************************************

            We still stood at the opposite ends of his bed, waiting for the other person to make the first move. And whereas Death was unquestionably comfortable standing half-naked in front of me with his his famous sensual look from underneath his lashes on, I was repeatedly fidgeting in and yanking down his oversized Chicago Bear jersey around my thighs, where his heated green eyes continued to linger. I was regretting the fact that I was in fact that it was not only freezing cold in Death's house and I wasn't wearing any pants, but also the fact that the suggestive wink that Death had given me when I pulled down his jersey to cover more skin implied that the whole "no pants" thing was just what the Angel of Death ordered.

                      "I once had a nickname after I battled against a Lion in a arena thousands of years ago with just my bare hands. I suppose in the modern age it would be very seductive," Death stated, still smiling and arching a menacing brow. Now he was showing off his impressive fighting skills? The bitch!

            Sighing, I figured I would play along with his little tactics. "And what could that nickname possibly be, Death?"

            "De Percussore Catulus," Death purred, his tongue rolling off of his first language with ease. "The Kitten Eater."

            My cheeks burned. "You enjoy watching me squirm at your pervasive jokes."

            "Maybe." Death grinned devilishly ear to ear. "I do like it when you blush, TBH."

            "TBH?"

            Death ran a hand slowly though his hair, his bicep flexing. "It means To Be Honest," he explained snootily. "Text Lingo. Get with the program, or GTFO."

            "I knew what it meant already. That's disturbing that you said that. What do you even do when I'm not around you to tease? Read? I mean--I can see how you already have fun, since you enjoy multiply like a group of guppies around the whole world, leaving a trail of depression and death." I put my hands on my hips. "Do you read Where's Waldo? and eat chips? Do you do a few sets of squats and take a run around the block?"

            Death gave me a sly look with a raise of an eyebrow, that literally read 'Shouldn't have went there, cupcake.' I swear, if I had a razor on hand at that moment I would have shaved that sexy eyebrow right off, he was giving me that look so often. "When I do have time, I normally do what any other twenty-one year old does when they're alone. Well, at least I technically look twenty-one years old..."

            It took me a while to catch on to what he was saying. By the time that I did, I was the shade of a package of Cherry Twizzlers. My gaze dropped to left hand which was making sexual gestures at his crotch. "Ugh!" I cried, looking back up. "You're giving me images that are just not ok right now."

            "TMI?" Death questioned with a snicker.

            "Stop using text lingo!"

            "Listen princess," Death began, growing serious. "My horniness is like Play-Doh. You can cut it up with as many plastic knives and graters that you want, but in the end, if you don't put the Play-doe back into the container, the Play-doe get's all dry and useless."

            "That is the sickest analogy I have ever heard."

            He made an open gesture, grinning like a cat. "Always here to help the less fortunate, baby."

            "That doesn't even make any sense." I waited for him to say more, but he just continued to give me a look of his that was both sexy, disturbing, scary, and made me uncomfortable. Not a good mix. "You have more to say," I concluded.

          "You know me so well." Death smirked, exposing a mouthful of fangs. "I was going to say you very much liked Play-doe when you were younger, but deemed it a slightly inappropriate comment being I'm half-naked and thinking about all of the inappropriate ways I can pin you to the bed for 15 seconds without having sex with you."

            My mouth fell open. "Never tell me what you're thinking again."

            "Kay." Death gave me an exaggerated once over with his eyes and licked his upper lip. "You know... if you want to get on my good side -- which is every side -- you are more than welcome to join me during my next "moment alone". Perhaps then I would forget the whole 'you stabbed me in the back and enslaved me to the Unknown and then nailed me in the face with a cross that momentarily made me look like Harry Potter,' thing."