Chapter 9: Fidelity

ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNJOOY. I'll be editing this to make it less confusing, so keep refreshing your library! I'm uploading for a birthday present! ;)

***

My life was a horror film that I was unable to press pause or hide underneath a blanket to block out a single moment of it. But did I really want to hid under a blanket and block out every single moment of it? Although my life was a horror movie, my inner self was sitting at the front of the movie theater with popcorn and an XL soda in hand, curious what will come of Faith William's life. There was a part of my that was curious as what would happen next in my life, what new bridges would be built in my path and what obstacles I would have to avoid.

      Things didn't seem to be looking up in this horror film. Figures, since in every single horror film either everyone dies, or everyone around the main character dies.

      Let's recap my own personal horror film. I hadn't seen my family in a trillion years. I missed them terribly to the point that I felt like an orphan. I was pretty that my parents didn't miss me at all, though, because I hadn't gotten any sort of contact from them, and Death, being the arrogant person he is, must have temporarily wiped my existence from their minds instead of letting me visit them, everyone and their uncle wanted me for something, and Death, in particular, was Hungry Like the Wolf when it came to discussing my soul.

      I mean, I didn't feel much different from other girls. Well, besides the fact that I now had nails with the length that the Kardashian's would kill for and teeth that made Jaws look like a bunch of guppies swimming around the ocean.

      Not to mention, I technically wasn't even a girl anymore. I was an adult. Plus, I wasn't entirely human anymore. I was half-human, half reaper.

      Words couldn't explain how frustrated I was with myself. I knew, I knew, that Death wasn't prince charming, or a family man that wanted four children and a beautiful house with a picket white fence and a golden retriever named Rover. I knew that he was no good for me. That being said, I couldn't deny the spell that he had me under, the attraction to him that was embedded deeper into my soul than anything I could ever imagine. And it was terrifying. It was terrifying; knowing that my attraction for him had grown that strong was a painful reminder that I was weaker than him.

      Maybe I had to stop caring. Maybe I had to be just like Death and lose myself to the darkness. Shut off my humanity entirely. It was possible, I know it was possible because I could feel the switch, feel how easily I could let myself go. But I refused. Something forced me to hold on, to keep moving on.

      So I would do that as long as I could. Keep holding onto my seat in the movie theater and watch the horror film until it was over.

     "What the hell is going on?!" Death boomed though the gymnasium, shattering my eardrums. Everyone was silent. Dead silent.

      I knew that something was terribly wrong.

      A dark figure appeared at the entrance of one of the gym doors, unmoving. A halo of dim light emphasized their wide shoulders, which weren't as wide as Death's, but came pretty damn close. It was evident that they were carrying a large archer's bow.