Chapter 1: Master Death

Hey guys! So basically, my cable keeps going in and out from hurricane Sandy, so I'm just going to drop this off here. I can't seem to find the cover for the story right now, but I'll have it soon! I'll also add  music and pictures. :D

*******************************************************

 I was blinded by a vibrant blue hue, which hovered directly in front of my face. It was a light that was becoming an insurmountable issue for my attentiveness, my eyes entirely trained on orb as it moved back and forth, tauntingly... trapping my vision wholly and consuming my every thought. I was incapable of moving.

            I was frozen, unable to speak or cry out as the blue orb neared. Was it a soul? No, it was cold. Empty. The sensation of terror I was feeling was not only current, it was within the moment. A moment I had forgotten.

            I had never witnessed such a vivid, pure blue.

            Or had I?

              That color...it reminded me of the ring that was on Malphas' finger in the Unknown. The strange skull ring that Malphas had passed onto his son, Death, and then supposedly Death to me. The ring signified a pact and became invisible when it wasn't in use.

              To me it had still signified an utter mystery.

              A dark silhouette of a man exited from the obscurity of the atramentous room, instantly directing my attention away from the blue orb. I would have normally barely differentiated them from the dark wall, but my eyes were strangely of an owl's. I could see him perfectly. Their frame consisted of at least 6'7 feet of concrete muscle, strapping shoulders, and a narrow waist of a swimmers, paired with long legs and arms. It was undoubtably a man. They held their posture upright, displaying their authority in the room...their dominance.

              His words were a dark whisper. "Obedientes eritis mihi in sempiternum, Faith Williams. Nisi meo iussu meis et interficiet te iussit. Ego occidam, panton vos diligamus quoniam amor est, quo adfert sui oblitterationem ad omnes qui impium est. Mando tibi imperium meum occiderit an amnia interficiam, quia amor facit quod ipsa omnia quae delet profani." The translation automatically came to me since I was capable of understanding Latin when Death became my Guardian. 'You will be obedient to me for an eternity, Faith Williams. You will kill from my command and my command only or I will kill everything you love, because love is what brings self obliteration to all that is unholy.'

              "You will remember this shortly after you receive your...cloak," the deep voice of the shadow continued. He sounded intelligent; wise, as if he knew what he was going to say well before he even said it. "The day your soul was sold to myself and Lucifer, I knew I had gained a vital move on a long abandoned chess board. The Fallen have been caged on earth far too long. I am no help to the Fallen when I must feed constantly. Therefore, your blood, handled carefully with my black magic, will ultimately break my curse. Lucky; what a strange word to describe your resurrection now. You were brought back to life, to die under my hands." A soft snicker slipped from his shadowy face. "Things have changed. From here on out, you will have to swallow back the dread which comes with your future. I will no longer hold up any illusions when we are alone, there is no need to. Perhaps I will give you one last barrier between our faces when you awake."

              He pushed a strand of hair out of my face. It appeared to be an act of generosity, when strangely enough, he began brushing his middle finger in a specific line down the center of my forehead, swooping down to the end of my left eyebrow.