Chapter 12: Streaking

;)

***

Thousands of thoughts swam chaotically throughout my mind as I fought to catch my breath.

            I pressed against the surface that I was laying on and felt my hand sink deep into a cloud-like mattress. The room was thick with the scent of Death's cologne. I knew he had been inside of it recently, perhaps watching me. Did he have something do with my dream?

             I lay in the center of a large, dark bed with a down comforter that was thick and soft, covering the span of a bed that was the length and width of two king beds combined. Cautiously eying the darkness around me, I made out the outline of an alien dresser and multiple doors. Two of which had a crack of light underneath them.

            Covering my eyes, I suddenly was overwhelmed by the image of Shabriri the accent demon's cheeks coloring and his hair darkening. My hand emitting a vivid blue light.

            Death.

            Death.

            Attempting to leap off the bed and explore the room, I awkwardly fell over and realized that something was tied to my ankles. Almost frantically, I lifted myself back onto the bed, tore the covers off of my feet completely, and felt the cool sensation of chains that connected to cotton cloth that wrapped firmly around my ankles.

            "What the hell," I muttered.

            "Don't try to get out of them or your wrists are next,"  a deep, monotone version of Death's voice spoke out from the dark, jerking me into complete awareness.

            I softly touched my chest and felt my heart beat pounding wildly. "You should really kick this habit of sneaking up on me if you honestly want my heart to stay healthy."

            " If I simply walked into a room I wouldn't be as mysterious," Death said, chuckling lowly. There was something off about him. Something I couldn't quite place. It was then I realized that Death had been closing his eyes, because a pair of large, snake-like, glowing blue eyes lit up the darkness like two brilliant beams.

            "You've fed," I whispered in conclusion, my mouth running dry.

            "No, I actually haven't," he said in a dull, emotionless way. "At least this version of myself hasn't, I can't speak for the other hundred roaming around  the earth collecting. But I feel like I have." After a moment of silence, he added, "Is that how you feel as well? Like you've fed?"

            "Yes," I replied softly.

            "My eyes have been blue for eight and a half hours. I've been...investigating the matter while you were sleeping," Death said, his eyes floating along the darkness. There was a snap at the chains at my feet and then I was able to move my legs again.

            "So you chained me to the bed and "explored" without my permission? Such  a gentleman."

            "I am a gentleman, just not usually to you. And you did sigh my name in your sleep when I started to touch you, by the way. It's not like you didn't enjoy it."

            "That's not permission to "investigate" what happened to me, Death. You could have waited until I woken up. That's probably why I had those strange dreams, because you were "touching" me while I was sleeping like the horny jerk you are."

            "Those weren't dreams." Death was quiet for the longest time as I let that sink in. "You are mine. I really don't need permission to do anything to you, Faith. And I didn't touch you inappropriately or anything, so you can relax. I'm sorry I'm so repulsive to you that I couldn't check for any wounds on you while you were asleep."