Chapter 13: The Deal with Blanky

Hehehe... 

Check out the AMAZING DeathXFaith video that a fan of mine made! She's so incredibly talented! Her other videos that she has on her channels are simply splendid! :{D

**********************************************************************

            Death's hair was changing and I was falling apart.

            I placed my hand against Death's large bedroom window, which I had pushed aside thick black curtains to look through, and felt the frigid air outside through the clear surface.

            "Everything in my life is about brief, cold contact and fleeting faces," Death's voice echoed in my head.

            I ripped my hand from the glass, willing the memory is his confession in the gymnasium to go away. He had poured all of his thoughts out to me, even the ones that I didn't want to hear. I felt like we were starting to swap places, him telling me everything and me keeping things to myself. After Death had found a mirror and looked at the back of his head and saw the patch of blond hair, I knew that the last thing he wanted to hear was that his mother had most likely contacted me through the Unknown. Or, at least, something else was trying to contact me through the Unknown.

            All you had to do was tell him the truth and you would have been able to go right back to sleep, I thought to myself, pressing my hands back against the glass. I thought of the way Little Faith had wrapped Death completely around his finger, how strong I had once been even a young age and how drastically that had changed. Death was anything but convivial from the start and somehow Little Faith -- at barely four feet tall-- had managed to make Death her bitch. And if I hadn't know any better, I would have said that Death was enjoying every second of it.

            He probably still thinks of you as his daughter. I had managed to calm myself and now my anxiety was rising again. I tried listening to the sirens fading and the wind blow against the glass, taking long, deep pulls of oxygen, but it just wasn't cutting it for me. It seemed that nothing in the world could relax a person that was going to be killed by the one person that had made them feel so...

            I slapped myself in the face. Almost instantly, my fangs started to extend from my gums as if readying for an attacker.

            I didn't know what day of the week it was. Or the date. Or how many days it had been since the last time I had seen my family. What I did know, was that if I didn't start thinking up some sort of plan, I was going to be carved alive by the Angel of Death.

            He won't even think twice.

            Death's apartment was hundreds and hundreds of floors up from the tiny streets below, where streetlights reflected off of  a few miniature pedestrians. My vision was so strong that I could make out a man on the streets below wobbling on and off of the curb with a bottle of liquor wrapped in a paper bag. A woman clutching her purse tightly to her side as she walked past a man sleeping on a bench.

            "I'm the sick, twisted, inverted version of the person that I used to be. Maybe...maybe things would be different between us if you and I had met when I was human. Maybe I would been able to return your affection."

            It was then that I spotted a man and a woman holding hands in the streets below. I thought Death and Annona. Her beautiful gold hair. Flushed cheeks. How perfect they looked together.My gaze shifted upwards and I caught my reflection in the windows surface. Black hair. Blue eyes. Fair skin. I was Annona's exact opposite in every single way imaginable.