hold my hand tight, we'll make it another night

title from devil town by Cavetown

SURPRISE. another update 😁🙏🏻 actually wrote this before the previous adoption one, which motivated me to write the adoption one so UR WELCOME! anywayy idk when i'll post again but have these crums for now

It was a warm and lovely evening on the quidditch pitch. The sun shone bright, there was a light breeze, and there were big fluffy white clouds hovering close, making it the perfect conditions possible for a quidditch match.

This was a very important match to Tommy as well. It was the one he looked forward to, and dreaded the most all at the same time. It was the Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw match. Where Tommy fortunately or unfortunately- depending on how you looked at it- must seek against his older brother, Wilbur.

Tommy's emotions revolving this match bounce between excitement and the need to prove himself to his brother. Either way this revolved around winning.

As Tommy and Wilbur stared at each other at the beginning of the match, Tommy could feel his insides doing gymnastics routines. He needed to suck it up, he was Tommy Innit, he was such a big man. So he matched Wilbur's smirk with an even cockier one. He could hear Sapnap barking orders from below.

"Scared?" He taunted Wilbur.

"Not even close, child. Maybe you should ask yourself that." Wilbur shot back.

Tommy sneered in response, then they heard Madame Hooch's "ready, set..."

Tommy held his breath, the whistle blew, and the snitch was off.

As soon as Tommy arrived at Hogwarts he discovered he was a gifted flyer. He was able to maneuver his broom and dart around in a way that 7th years struggled with. So naturally when he hit his second year he tried out for the quidditch team. And there was no competition that this young twelve year old should become the new Gryffindor seeker. And that he did.

So as he raced as fast as he could against his seventeen year old brother dressed in blue he knew he could do it. Not to mention his new dad and other brother were most definitely cheering the loudest for him from the stands (and maybe for Wilbur too, but that wasn't important).

Tommy had a huge toothy grin stretched wide on his face as he dove so quickly he got the upper hand on the opposing seeker. Tommy followed the golden blur along the edges of the pitch. He could feel Wilbur right on his tail, leaving Tommy no room for error.

"Oh you little shit!" He heard Wilbur call from behind him, making Tommy grin harder.

Suddenly the snitch soared upwards and made a beeline for the sky. Tommy pulled his broom up as quickly as he could but Wilbur seemed to do it quicker and got the upper hand on him. Tommy was now trailing Wilbur's broom.

Tommy groaned harshly calling out to Wilbur ever so eloquently, "Fuck you!"

The snitch darted into a big plush cloud. And unlike Wilbur who shot right into the huge cloud, Tommy hung back and waited, watching.

And Tommy being patient for once in his life actually paid off. The snitch darted out of the cloud, with no Wilbur following.

Tommy couldn't contain his laughter. He raced after the snitch, but not too long after he heard faint cursing from behind him and figured Wilbur got his head together.

Tommy was so close. He urged his broom on further with one hand, the other stretched as far as he could.

His fingertips brushed the fluttering wings. With one more stretch that almost sent him off balance, Tommy grabbed the gold sphere in-between his fingers.