I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

title from Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

WHATS UP MOTHERFUCKERS.
not dead heh ☺️
don't expect consistent updates. 🤨
but i doubt you would after the like year+ break.
hopefully there is improvement in my writing at least 🙏🏻
This is in Tommy's 3rd year, so a year before the current time.

Hogwarts castle could be very cold. The frigid temperatures would leak through the stone bricked walls and seep into your feet as you traversed through the castle. Especially in the winter time people never went anywhere without a jacket, or fuzzy socks, or even a blanket.

But somehow, as a teacher, two twins, and a lanky blonde boy sat in a typically freezing Hogwarts potions classroom, each of them found that they could not even feel the cold. In fact they felt warm.

Maybe it was the jokes. Maybe it was the constant stream of insults and quips. Maybe it was their limbs tangled together as they huddled around the eldest's desk. Maybe it was just the atmosphere that night. Although that warm aura was the atmosphere every night. When three boys found their legs twisted together and resting on each other watching the potions professor do his work (AKA annoying him and not allowing him to do so).

"Oi shut up you bald bitch," Tommy snarled back after god knows what insult Wilbur had thrown at him.

"I AM NOT BALD-"

"Oh my, it's worse than I thought. You're deep in denial. I can literally see your hairline receding from here." Tommy mocked him with utmost sarcastic sincerity. Techno barked out laughs at his twin being antagonized.

"PHIL-" Wilbur whined loudly.

A deep sigh was heard. "Tommy, quit antagonizing Wil."

"HE STARTED IT!"

"Oh my god you little shits." Phil leaned forward on his elbows, rubbing his temples, helplessly staring at his paperwork knowing it was not going to get done while the chaotic trio was there.

Phil found even if these nights were impossible for him to get his work done- and maybe made the next day a little more difficult- he still loved them. He enjoyed having the boys around. Spending time with his family made a father's heart light up with joy.

As he watched fondly at Wilbur and Tommy antagonize each other- and as Techno just watched next to them- he couldn't help but smile.

The situation definitely gave him deja vu, some kid wedging his way into Phil's "old" and "fragile" heart as they boys like to tease him about.

It was moments like these where he lumped his two adopted sons, and this scrawny third year together.

Then the reminder hit him that Tommy was not actually his son, nor actually part of their family. The constant ache in his heart that had settled there when he first started loving the boy felt like it was being squeezed extra hard. His smile dropped a little bit at that, mood being dampened slightly. His subtle mood change went unnoticed by the boys as they continued on riling each other up, Techno was joining in every once in a while now too.

Then it felt like he got hit in the face with a sack of bricks.

Tommy practically was part of their family. Nights like this were a major reminder of that. Tommy fit in like a missing piece of a puzzle that was once thought complete.

The way he bickers with Wilbur. The way he can make gruff, motone, Techno laugh all high pitched. The way he can help Wilbur recover from panic attacks and ground him. The way he can help when Techno is stressed out about school work, the way he helps him calm down and then sits with him until he is done. The way he can always make Phil smile after a tiring day of work. The way he wormed his way into all of their hearts.