ONE,

"So Kai, I was hoping maybe you wanted to go to Denver , with us for 2 months?" 

The words replayed at least 7 times through Kaia's mind before muttering a quiet "I'll think about it". To this Chris nodded before walking back to his bedroom, leaving the girl alone with her thoughts.

She was 80% sure she did want to go. It only took one reason for her to think no. Matthew Sturniolo. Kaia knew that if Chris and Nick were going, Matt would also go. That would be two full months always with the triplets, no escape from Matt. 

Kaia thought long and hard on the pros and cons of the trip. She had never been to Denver so that would be a plus, but then Matt would also be there. She would be going on a vacation with her two most best best friends. But then Matt would also be there.

All of the thinking resulted in the girl running to Chris's room and telling him that she's made her mind.

"Great so what's your answer?" Chris asks, "I'll go. But only if it isn't much of a bother." Kaia answers. To this Chris stood up from his bed and hugged Kaia.

"Kai it's never a bother to have you around." he says, pulling out of the hug. "Okay, just making sure." she replies.

"Good, now let's go tell Nick." Chris rushes excitedly.

"NICK. KAI'S COMING TO DENVER WITH US." Chris shouts as he drags Kaia to Nick's room.

"WAIT REALLY?! FUCK YEAH." Nick shouts as he rushes out of his room and does the same thing Chris did; he enveloped the girl in a big hug.

"She's what?" Matt asks from the doorframe of his room. "Kai's coming to Denver with us." Chris answers simply

 "When did we agree that we could bring her. Last I checked this trip was for us three. You can't just bring her without it being discussed." Matt states. "I mean, if you don't want me to go I won't go. I-" Kaia get's cut off.

"Shut the fuck up Kaia. You aren't part of this conversation, so stay out of it." Matt snaps, "Jeez." Kaia mutters under her breath, putting her hands up in surrender.

She turns to Nick and Chris before saying, "Tell me when he's done being a dick, I'll be out front." 

With that being said, Kaia turns on her heel to walk to the front porch where she sit's in a swinging bench on the side of the boys' porch. She sits in the comfortable silence as she watches a butterfly flutter around her. As the butterfly made way to the bag of half eaten dog food, the front door opens to Chris's face.

"Hey." he starts as he joins the girl on the rocking bench, "Hey." Kaia replies. "Nick's talking to Matt right now." Chris states, "Okay." Kaia replies softly.

Chris puts his hand on the girls back and rubs up and down. 

"Hey, you okay?" he asks, "Yeah I'm fine. I just don't know what I did to make him hate me." Kaia answers, "I don't think you did anything, I think he's just in denial." Chris replies. To this Kaia asks, "Of what?" but never received an answer, as Nick had opened the door, interrupting the conversation. 

"How'd it go?" Chris asks his triplet, "Well I convinced him to agree to let Kai come with us. He said, and I quote 'as long as she isn't annoying like always and she leaves me the fuck alone' so just don't bother him." Nick answers, speaking towards Kaia.

"That's gonna be fun." Kaia replies sarcastically.

"You know what. Matt, he's gonna be Matt, but that's not gonna stop you from being you." Chris replies and Nick looks at him with shock.

"That's a good one. I like it. Very inspirational " he says as he daps his brother up. Chris smiles before looking back at Kaia.

"Yeah okay. I like it. Thanks Chris." she says as she stands up, "Now, I am going to go get some of your raspberry flavored lemonade."

"oo can you get me a cup?" Nick requests as Kaia makes her way in the house, "UM YOU CAN GET IT YOURSELF." Kaia shouts back to Nick.

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to someone on the phone." Matt informs Kaia, "And I was talking to Nick." Kaia snaps back.

While she fills up three cups of raspberry lemonade- since she knew Chris would want some too- Matt just stands there watching the girl.

"What?" she asks but before Matt answers she continues speaking.

"You know Matt, I'm not sure what I did to you, but I'm sorry for... whatever I did to you, even if you're probably over reacting."

"Yeah, right. Like I'm over reacting. You literally went off on me and ignored me for a whole two months because I told a guy you liked him." Matt speaks back, "You're acting like you didn't do the same thing to me. Remember Evelyn? You had a whole thing with her then blamed me when she dumped you. Remember that Matt? When you ignored me for two months. Remember when you were telling Chris and Nick to not hang out with me because I would ruin their relationship?" Kaia snaps in reply. "Is that the real reason why you have such a problem with me? Because of something that happened in the 7th grade?" 

"Kaia it's way more than that and for you to not know what you did is sad. It's real fuckin sad." Matt replies, "Fine Matt. Since I did something so bad to you, I'd like to know what it was. Feel free to enlighten me." 

Before Matt could answer Kaia's question, Nick comes through the front door with Chris being carried on his back.

"We have come for our raspberry lemonade- oh shit did...we...?" Nick questions as he puts Chris down.

"No, you didn't interrupt anything. I'm going on a walk." Matt answers before storming out of the house.

"What did we miss?" Chris asks before chugging down his drink.

"I was just filling your guys' drinks up and Matt was just sitting there staring at me so I asked what his deal was with me and he was probably over reacting and he goes off on me about how what I did in 7th grade so I reminded him of what he did in 7th grade. So he said I did something so fucking sad so I asked him to tell me what I did. He was about to when you guys came in the door." Kaia explains.

"So we did interrupt something?" Nick asks, "Yeah but it's whatever. Now how about we do something here at the house." 

🐒 KIERA SPEAKS,

so as you can tell this is an enemies to lovers, best friend's brother, type story. idk i hope you guys like it, i have... well i have no plans for this story what so ever but it's whatever tbh. anyways, eat, drink and just live life yk. also im rly proud of my quote thingy "matt is gonna be matt but don't let that stop you being you" i think you can literally- idk i just like it