FIFTEEN,

THE DATE,

To say Kaia was nervous was an understatement. Her anxiety was bouncing off of every hard surface in her room. Her knee bounced up and down as she picked at her nail polish which soon became her biting the surrounding skin of her nails. Her anxiety has been getting better recently, with everything that's been happening with Matt recently she guessed. She hadn't figured it out yet, but she needed the boy. He also needed her. 

"Kaia, Matt's back," Nick tells Kaia, "Okay." she replies standing up, fixing her outfit. She takes a deep breath. In and Out and everything is fine.

"Don't stress it. You look amazing and it's just Matt. You guys are kinda used to these typa things." Nick assures her, "As much as I want that to help, it doesn't" Kaia's laugh mixes into her words.

"You'll do great. Now go get down there. He's waiting." Nick pushes Kaia out of the room.

"Hi Kai." Matt greets as he hands her an envelope and a small pretty bucket of candies since Kaia wasn't the type for flowers on the first date. He knew that. Even if she had never had a first date- a first boyfriend for that matter- she had always talked to Chris about how on the first date, she wouldn't want flowers, she would want something from the heart because flowers are just a lack of creativity.

"You can read it in the car, we have a reservation at 6." Matt tells the girl.

She smiles as they both walk out to the car.

"Ma'lady." Matt says as he opens the passenger seat to the car, "Thank you." she replies with a glistening smile as she gets into the car. As soon as the passenger door is shut, Kaia opens the envelope and reads the letter inside.

Hey Kaia, I'm writing this on July 8th. It's our second full day in Denver and it was just yesterday that you told me you had loved me in freshman year. We're kinda friends now and I've realized something that I probably shouldn't be feeling. I have a crush on you. And I shouldn't because we just became friends again and that's probably all you'll ever see me as just a friend, but I'm okay with that. I can wait.

Now it's a week later. I still have a crush on you, it's actually massive, on God. All you ever talk about is meeting a guy or the love of your life this trip and I can't help but imagine it being me. You were talking to me about how you'll start worrying about us more and not boys and when you told me that you'll focus more on us I imagine the conversation with me telling you that it's a living hell hearing you talk about other guys that weren't me. 

A few days later, I remember you telling us all about Carmen. That was when the jealousy really started to kick in. You found him attractive and you talked about him like crazy. Then you found out he was Bi and also into dudes and he dated Matt. Not only was I glad he didn't take you from me, but I was hurt. Hurt on your behalf because I understood the pain you went through. I mean I was going through almost the same thing. I'm glad you let me help you get through it tho.

And yes, I did want that pizza thing at the roller rink to be a date.

But hey, now I'm making up for it right?

Kaia I'm not quite sure when I began realizing that my small crush was actually love but I know that it's not something I wanna give up on. Neither are you. You mean a lot to me Kaia Carter.

And even if I hated you almost my whole life, I want to love you the rest of it.

Love, Matt 

"Aww Matt. I didn't know all of this." Kaia says, finishing the letter, "Yeah well now you do." he laughs to ease any built up tension.

"Matt." she starts, her smile dropping causing his to as well.

"Yeah"

"I love you too." she states, "Good because that letter would have been embarrassing ." he laughs as they pull up to the restaurant.

The two get out of the car and walk into the restaurant hand in hand.

"Reservation for Sturniolo." Matt says, "Okay. We'll have you seated right here." The waiter guides the, to their seats.

They're dockside seats, right on the water in clear view of the sunset that's beginning.

After a while they order their food and it's out in a matter of 45 minutes.

They watched the sunset as they ate and talked, stuff they would do normally, but now they knew they loved each other. The sunset was beautiful, not as beautiful as Kaia as Matt would say. 

Before they knew it. their date was over and they were driving back home. As they're walking in the door, Matt stops.

"I would kiss you right now, but it's too early." Matt says.

Kaia goes against this and kisses him, him almost immediately kissing back.

"So how'd tonight go?" he asks with a smile after pulling away, "It went great." Kaia answers, matching his bright and big smile.

"Do you wanna try being my girlfriend then?" he asks, "Yes. Yes I do." she says, pecking his lips once more before connecting their hands.

"Stop making out on the front porch and come inside and tell us about the date." Nick interrupts.

KIERA SPEAKS: this is the last chapter?! i most definitely jinxed myself because I wanted to end this book as soon as I could bc i wanna get started on a different one. do you guys like how it ended? any criticism? don't be scared, you can tell me your thoughts, i don't mind. anyways bye!

🎉 Tapos mo nang basahin ang 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 ━━ 𝘔𝘈𝘛𝘛 𝘚𝘛𝘜𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘖𝘓𝘖 🎉