FIVE,

MATT'S POV,

"STOP." she yells with a few tears falling from her eyes.

"Oh now poor baby's crying." Matt says sarcastically.

"Yes Matt. I am. Because everything I do, you get mad at me for. Everything. Give me a break Matt. I didn't do shit to you. And if you really hate me because of Freshmen year, then I'm sorry Matt. I'm sorry I couldn't handle being friends with you guys anymore. I'm sorry you made my anxiety so bad I wanted to kill myself. I'm sorry okay Matt. I am so sorry. And I'm sorry for what I said that one night. I didn't mean any of it. I'm sorry for whatever I did to you to make you hate me so much. I'm sorry. You hated me anyways so it really didn't matter to you if I left you guys. It wouldn't matter to any of you, but it did. And yeah, maybe I left you when you were at your lowest, but I tried so hard to get you higher but whatever step I would guide you to take forward, you always took 3 more back. I was done trying with you Matt. It got too much. It got so bad you were always on my mind and it was driving me insane. I needed a break from you guys. From you. I couldn't handle hanging out with someone who hated me when I loved them." Kaia rants all at once.

"There's no way." My thoughts spoke out loud, "No way what?" Kaia asks, "That you could have loved me." I answer, "Yeah well I did. I clearly learned from my mistakes." she says before walking out of the door.

I debate going after her or not, but I still decide on going after her.

"Kaia wait."

"What could you possibly want Matt?" Kaia asks, "I'm sorry too. I didn't know that you were going through all of that during high school. And I didn't mean to make you feel bad about yourself or make your anxiety worse." I apologize.

"It wasn't exactly your fault. I mean when you have a crush on someone for that long, it's bound to turn to something more eventually." Kaia corrects, "Something more as in you loved me." I say quietly.

"Yeah but I'm over it now so it's fine. Like I said, I learned my mistake." Kaia shrugs, "Whatever. I'm not that bad." I state with a laugh.

"Eh.. you kinda are." she argues, "Shut up." I reply with a laugh.

"I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you I throw up." she snaps back, "You're so childish sometimes." I tell her, "Whatever. You do you Bernard." she says before walking back to the hotel room.

TIME SKIP A WEEK LATER,

"Look Nick I can't do it. I thought me and him were fine but he's still getting mad with the things I do." Kaia tells Nick, "Like what? What is he saying or doing?" he asks in reply.

"Like I would just be like talking to like the fans or someone else and he gets mad because I'm always laughing at my phone. And sometimes I'll be talking about how I want to meet someone like a guy here and he still gets mad. I mean I apologized and so did he I thought everything was fine, I don't know why he still hates me." Kaia answers, "Kai honey. He is far from hating you." Nick tells her.

"Then why does he keep getting mad at me?" she asks, "Sweetie, you're just pure stupidity. If you don't figure it out by Friday, I'll tell you. It's pretty obvious, just use your brain." Nick ruffles Kaia's hair as he speaks before getting up and leaving the bed and walking to the bathroom.

"Wait! What do you mean? Ugh." Kaia groans. "Whatever, I'm going down to the lobby." she informs Nick before walking downstairs after grabbing the vlog camera.

"Wassup bitches. It's ya girl Kaia Carter. Whatever. Um, I just left Nick in the hotel room and now I'm going down to the lobby to find Mr. Christopher. Yeah." Kaia says to the camera as she takes the steps down.

"So I found him. And I've chosen to scare him."

Kaia slowly and quietly walks behind Chris before jumping on his back and making a loud random noise.

"What the fuck Kaia, get off of me." 'Chris' says and turns around after pushing Kaia off of him.

"Oh shit. Sorry, I thought you were Chris." Kaia apologizes, "Chris is in the bathroom." Matt informs Kaia, "Oh good. It gives us time to talk." 

They both sit down and Kaia starts talking.

"Look I thought we were kinda on good terms now. We both said sorry and everything, so why do you still hate me?" she asks, "I don't know." Matt lied. "I mean like is there something I did again to you. Do I talk about boys too much?" she asks, "Kinda. I mean you're always talking about meeting a guy here and I kinda feel like all your interests are is looking for a guy to hook up with or get with. And don't take that the wrong way, I'm not calling you a slut because- you know I'm just gonna shut up now." Matt answers.

"Right. Yeah. I get that. Sorry. I'll focus on you guys more." Kaia replies.

"Good because it's literally a living hell hearing you talk about other guys." Matt says, "What do you mean?" Kaia asks, "Because it hurts to hear you talk about guys that aren't me." Matt answers.

Except that's not how the conversation went. Here let's rewind a bit.

"Right. Yeah. I get that. Sorry. I'll focus on you guys more." Kaia replies.

"I mean you can still have an interest in guys just, with us being a little better now, I wanna spend more time with you without the constant obsession over a new boyfriend." Matt says, "Okay, I'll work on it." Kaia promises, "Hey. I don't want to make you think I'm trying to control you or anything. I'm just telling you the reason I'm upset. I just want to be able to hang out with you and have normal conversations. You can still talk about boys just not all the time." during Matt's words, he grabs one of Kaia's hands causing her train of thought to get lost off of the tracks and drift on to somewhere else.

"Yeah I understand what you're saying." Kaia states, "Alright. Now let's go film with Chris and Nick yeah?" he offers. "Yeah."

KIERA SPEAKS, 

YAY THEY'RE FRIENDS AGAIN. was that too soon? be honest. like should i have made them friends later in the book or was now fine? and if you have any other honest opinions on the book feel free to share, even if you're reading this like in freakin 2024. k bye that's it :)