First meeting

Notes:

Some humor to start my night
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
I had always been afraid of wolves. It's because of the stories Grandmother tells us. The sharp teeth they have ready to devour their prey. I don't know why my younger sister edalyn likes them, what's to like about flesh eating beasts. —12 year old Lilith

I never thought that these beasts are sometimes more humane than us. My thoughts about wolves change because of him. That night at the forest... —10 year old edalyn

________

Edalyn clawthorne was having a sleep over at raine's house along with the other witches, raine had also invited Lilith but she was bored of the idea.

Of course When they got bored they thought of having a little courage test...without anyone's parents looking, the forest was a good place.

"Alright Edalyn you go in there and come back with the water from the pond." Three eyed witch said handing Edalyn a water bottle.

"Why do she have to go?" Raine whined.

"Because edalyn's the one who drew the short straw remember." perry said.

"Unless you're chicken..." Three eyed witch said smirking.

"Am not..." Edalyn said. "I'm going..." as she entering the forest.

"No cheating Edalyn, the water has to come from the pond." Brown haired witch said as they watch her disappear from sight.

___________________

Edalyn walked with full alert. she kept on looking around worried that something might come out and attack. She could see the pond was, when she got there and quickly filled the bottle and was about to leave when she heard a splash of water , turned around and her eyes widened.

There in the water a boy who looked a little older than her, his hair was brown .

Edalyn....didn't notice the clothes hanging on the tree earlier because of fear and slowly stepped back until she accidentally stepped on a branch which alerted the boy and turned around and saw her..

"Ummm..." edalyn said her voice cracking. "Hi there... Sorry I didn't know someone was taking a bath here." she said nervously.

The boy stared and screamed, threw his bar of soap and ran to dry land, grabbed his clothes and hid in the trees.

Edalyn turned away her face red from embarrassment.
"I didn't saw anything honest."

Eda heard noises from behind the trees.

"Man he probably thinks I'm a peeping tom." She thought.
then felt something came out from the trees behind her , and thought it was the boy.

"I'm very sorry about-" Edalyn was cut from what she was saying when she saw what came out from the trees.

It was growling at her, a wolf. Edalyn was suppose to be scared from the beast that stood before him but it's appearance made her curiosity rise instead of fear. There in front was a small brown wolf with red eyes.

Its appearance made Eda wanna pet him, she reached for it but when the wolf barked and it snapped eda out of any thoughts.

Edalyn backed away. "Uh, nice doggy..."

The wolf stopped for a moment then growled even louder it seems it became angrier.