Arrows and Freezing cold

"Brr, it's cold up here," wolf Caleb complained as he walked over the snow. "Good thing I have a heavier coat."

The golden wolf surveyed the area from above the cliffs, trying to find any trace of his little brother. The frosty air that blew into his face stung and the cold breaths he took dried his throat. He squinted his eyes, which burned from the frost.

"Come on, Philip, where are you?" Caleb took a look around. He actually took a moment to admire the beauty of the landscape with Evelyn following behind him.

Caleb then saw a cabin several yards away, he shifted to a defensive position, just in case of any danger, he switched to human form and walked into the cabin ,His breath was visible in the cold of outside , but it was still significantly warmer inside.

"Philip?" Caleb called as he walked through. "You in here?"

A bolt shot past Caleb's face and stuck into the cabin wall.

"Holy!" Caleb cried in fear.

"Who's there?!" A bloodshot eyed Philip appeared out of the shadows armed with a crossbow, already reloaded.

"Peace, little brother!" Caleb raised his hands in surrender. "It's me! It's Caleb!"

Philip blinked his eyes and seemed to calm down. The younger brother's beard, unshaven and unkept, he had grown some more since Caleb had last seen him 8 years ago. "Caleb?" He lowered the crossbow. "Is it really you?"

"Yes, Philip, it's me." Caleb laughed as he came up and embraced his brother. "It's been over 8 years, endless words cannot express how glad I am to see you!"

Philip sighed and closed his eyes, returning the hug and enjoying being with his brother once more. "I am happy to see you as well, Caleb," he said softly. "More than you can imagine."

Caleb grabbed Philip's shoulder and held Philip in front of him. "What in God's green earth are you doing out in this cold, Philip?" Caleb asked.

"I am surprised you came all this way just to see me," Philip said. "I figured you had...more important matters to attend to with your new werewolf girlfriend."

Caleb sighed trying to change the subject. "Heh...this reminds me of when we used to venture into the woods as kids and camp out away from the town," Caleb said. "...Away from our alcoholic father."

Philip smiled. "We ate the rabbits you killed with your trusty dagger."

"Phil I wanted to tell you—

"The world of man will always be in danger, so long as the werewolves exists." Phil suddenly announces. "So I made a deal with a friend, he and his hunter followers are going to help me."

"That's just the excuse you use to justify hating an entire race for no good reason," Caleb said glaring. "I thought you be open minded to my new life! are you truly incapable of seeing past the ignorance of our people's bigotry and prejudice?"

"I'm supposed to take that from a brother who abandoned his own reality just to have a place in this werewolf fantasy one?" Philip countered.

"Those Hunters murdered innocent wolf children," Caleb hissed. "They burned ,stuffed , shot and drowned men and women because of their fear of what they could not understand."

"Caleb, I am-"

"A pathetic coward and a hypocrite just like father!" Caleb shouted. "You go on and on about how evil witchcraft and beasts are, and yet here you are using the devil minions, guns and planning to commit genocide!"