Movie night with friends

She eventually made her way to the kitchen and started up the hot chocolate maker. Eda wasn't awake enough eat breakfast this time. Meals were touch and go on weekdays, but a sort of habit formed on the weekends.

The hot chocolate maker let out a low beep, reeling her thoughts back in. Hot chocolate first, breakfast later.

Eda poured herself a cup with a hit of whipped cream, taking a sip and letting out a soft sigh. She knew that the first sip always improved her mood by half.

______

She wandered into the living room, setting her mug on the table and picking up the remote to turn on the news it was annoying but something relaxing about seeing it on the news when she was up early enough.

Finally she set it down next to her mug and collapsed back onto the couch- and let out a startled shriek, launching herself off the couch and onto the floor. Her eyes snapped to the couch as she scrambled back. A familiar boy wearing her father's pajamas,laid there clutching a pillow to his chest, completely still despite just being sat on.

Eda's breath sped up to the very edge of hyperventilation and she pressed herself against the wall.

"Oswald!" She called, voice panicked.

"What have you disturbed rehto-tnacifingis ym?" He asked the last three words in a language eda didn't understand.

"Nothing just a crazy night..." eda replied.

There was silence for a moment.

Oswald looked at the clock hanging at the wall which says it was only 7:00 in the morning. He smiled knowing it was a weekend and has plenty of time to be with eda before goes back to school.

He got up near her and sat beside her.
"So what has disturbed you so?" Oswald asked. "Should I tell you a story."

"I'm not a kid for something so childish." Eda said pouting. But then she thought; ( Although I would love the attention of it. )

Oswald cleared his throat. "You should realize by yesterday I now I can read what you're thinking, hmm." He said smiling mischievously.

Eda's face reddened, she forgot about that. "Well then stop it. You should know my mind needs privacy." She blurted out. "What did you just said back there?" She said changing the subject as she rose from couch and went to the bathroom to escape the embarrassment.

"Rehto-tnacifingis ym..?" Oswald Said following her.

"Yeah that one, what does that mean?" Eda asked as she went and sat on the couch a few distance from him.

"Let me see... What did it meant again?" Oswald said acting innocent.

"Oswald ..." eda said impatiently.

"Alright, alright I get the message." Oswald said. "It simply means 'My significant-other'." He said smiling.

"Significant-other..." eda said the meaning of the word registering in her brain. "Doesn't that mean..." she said and didn't continue.

Oswald continued for her; "Spouse, companion, wife, husband, mate and..." he said drawing some shape on the air with his finger. "The most appropriate word: other half."

Eda pushed down her rising emotion. "So due to yesterday, You think we're compatible?" She asked.

"Not think my significant-other... I know or rather we felt." Oswald said.