Late night

Getting an ao3 comment is like a dopamine shot straight to the head I love it due to My mental health is down the fucking toilet. 😘🫰
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
Eda tightly hugged him, being covered in blood in the process. "You scared the shit out of me." She whispered. "I thought something had happened. Thought you died and your ghost was coming back to haunt me."

Oswald stroked his lover's hair with his bloody hand. "It's okay." He shushed. "I'm okay. We're going to be okay."
______

Headed home at 1:20 in the morning, It was dark, really dark. The forest was nearly pitch black. The light spell in eda's hand barely shone and leaves obscured any chance of moonlight. Sticks littered the ground and trees reached towards the trail, but thankfully they made it at 2:30.

Eda opened the door quietly—

"WITCHLET! IS THAT Blood on both of you! Where have you been!" Gwendolyn sat at the kitchen table next to Dell, who apparently had his arms folded.

"Love please stop, you're going to scare our daughter away."

"Aha!" Eda exclaimed.

"You're mother asked you a question, Where have you been?!" Dell asked, voices filled with worry "we were worried sick! We had no idea where you were."

Oswald in his wolf form stood behind eda in the doorway trying to form a plan.

( more silence)

"Now dear, we just wanted to talk." Dell trying to calm the situation.

Eda cocked an eyebrow. "Oh really, about what?"

"Straight to the point sweetie, your happiness is all that matters to us.

"When we were touring the college, your mother and I overheard a conversation with Lilith saying you have a secret boyfriend."

A pit grew in eda's stomach. "What did she do know? Or how much Lilith's information did they hear."

"Fine. Eda finally broke the silence. I'll admit I secretly have a boyfriend, but at least I'm not a cheater like lily."

Both: WHAT!

"You both heard me, I have PROOF! lily cheated on her tests to get in that fancy fucking college you BOTH apparently care so much about!"

Gwendolyn sighed. "Let's get you patched up. We'll talk more in the morning."

She gently threw Edalyn's arm over her shoulder and helped her into a bathroom.

Dell walked to the front door, closing it before stared at wolf Oswald with a stern expression.

Oswald sighed, he was in for it. A gun to the head probably.

"Boy, whatever happened. I'm glad you kept my daughter safe." Dell calmly spoke as he lead the wolf to the other bathroom to clean up.

___________

Few nights later everything finally calm down, including the mysterious storm and a few hunter deaths.

Dell and Gwendolyn spent a entire evening had a few words with Lilith's principal on the phone and then left to go to the store to secretly buy a 18th birthday cake for eda. that left them possibly 30 minutes for them to be alone and help prep dinner and after dinner.
________

Oswald had to wait a hour until her parents were asleep to sneak into her room talk.

"What do you think about the future?" She asked.

Oswald sat up, effectively. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, where do you see us? What are you planning for the future?"

The wolf blushed, his ears and face teeming with redness. "I see us, somehow telling your family we're together and me not being killed by your father with a double barrel shotgun.

Notes:

I have plans for Lilith to be in hot water and Oswald to officially meet eda's parents, but to not tell them the full truth for now