A shot

1 week later.

Eda had been walking gloomily, ever since she'd gotten to school. It was lunch break and she was now sitting with her friend raine.

"So, how did oswald came back?" They asked.

"He got back on his own. When I woke up and looked outside the window he was already there downstairs." Eda said slumping.

"So, what's got you so depress?" Raine asked.

"After what happened last week , I don't want him to sleep outside the house." Eda replied but didn't continue.

"But your parents didn't like the idea of him staying indoors, is that it?" Raine concluded.

"Pretty much sums it up." Eda said. "I'm still trying to convince them though. So, I called one of the healers and asked her if she could give Oswald a rabies shot. I thought, maybe it would ease mom , Lilith and dad's worry a bit."

"Ohhhhh..." They chorused.

"Good luck with that." Three eyed bitch added.

"I'm certain Oswald will let the healer give him the shot, if I tell him and explain." Eda said.

"Why explain?" Raine asked wondering. "You can't explain things to animals, they listen to instincts not explanations."

"I don't know raine. From what I noticed about Oswald , it seems that he understands everything I tell him." Eda said recalling when she was talking to Oswald about things. "I don't have to tell her anything twice, unlike a normal dog, you have to repeat the process until it gets that this motion means that. And every time I stare at his eyes, it's as if there's intelligence behind them, as if they're telling me something."

Raine stared at eda. "Hey, are you feeling feverish or something?" They asked.

"No, raine I am not ill." Eda said groaning.

"Still That's quite interesting though. Can I come along?" Raine asked.

"Sure thing, ..." she said and the bell rang signaling that lunch was over.

_________________

_________________

Oswald slumped just outside at the back of the house. He hates being magically tied but he has no choice and knows that eda's parents are just looking for an excuse, any kind of an excuse just to get rid of him.

The asking of him to remain within the house didn't go as they hoped that it would. Her parents had brought all kinds of animal danger on the issue. Even the harmless ones they had managed to put the wild instinct that they could attack an innocent bystander. Animals just react that way when they know there in danger.