4. Training... Again (Part 2)

AUTHOR'S POV:

It had been 2 years since the trio enlisted into the cadet corps.
.
.

Rain came down heavily, soaking everything beneath it. In a forest, a horse galloped.

"Too slow! Pick up the pace! Run, you lead-footed laggards!" Shadis yelled.

The trainees ran, carrying large packs.

Keith looked behind him and slowed his horse.

"What's your problem, Arlert?! You're dragging your feet! Too heavy for you? Maybe you'd prefer I let you drop your gear? If this were a real mission, you'd be Titan food by now!" He yelled and. galloped ahead.

"Damn." Armin gasped.

"Give it here!" Reiner grabbed his pack. "You're gonna fail out at this rate! We're being graded today!"

"But you'll get points marked off, too, if you do that, Reiner."

"Then make an effort not to get caught. Don't make me change my mind."

Reiner Braun. Keith watched them sneakily.

'He has both a robust physique and mental strength. Keith continued his evaluation. His comrades also have great trust in him.' Keith thought, looking at Reiner.

"I refuse to be a burden!" With determination, Armin shot forward. "Even if it costs me my life!" He snatched back his pack. Breathing heavily, he raced ahead.

'Armin Arlert. Although lacking in physical strength, his aptitude in the classroom is extraordinary.' Keith thought.

Ahead, a Titan dummy was raised. Jean, Bert, and Annie sliced through the nape.

'Annie Leonhart. Her slice attacks are absolutely flawless, but her reclusive tendencies make her a poor fit for coordinated efforts.'

'Bertolt Hoover. He possesses remarkable potential but lacks assertiveness. Keith noted.'

'Jean Kirschtein. Top-class 3D mobility. But his volatile personality tends to cause friction with others.'

'I can't slice as good as those two! I'll just have to find the Titans before them!' With great ease, Jean navigated through the forest. 'If anyone gets into the Military Police it'll be me!'

"Thanks for the help, Jean!" Connie passed him by. "Following you was a good idea!"

"Hooray!" Sasha cheered, having gotten the kill before Connie.

'Sasha Braus. She has unconventionally good intuition but also demonstrates poor teamwork as a result.' Keith noted before moving to his next student.

'Connie Springer. He excels at executing quick turns but is also a bit dim-witted.'

"Here they come," one of the helpers said. The other one pulled the lever, setting up two Titan dummies.

Mikasa then quickly cut deeply through the nape of 2 dummy titans.

'Mikasa Ackerman. Completely proficient in every area. It's apt to say she's an unmatched, unprecedented genius.'

Eren was behind her and cut through one dummy titan nape, ofcourse less deeper than her. But, this time, he didn't feel jealous.

'Eren Yeager. Like, Mikasa Ackerman, is proficient in every area too but, less proficient than her. And he possesses twice the sense of purpose than anyone else.'

Thus, the evaluations ended.
.
.

It was now time for hand-to-hand combat training. Eren was quite good at fighting this time as Mikasa trained him for 4 years.